• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Randwick Longbarrow Preservation (or is it Standish (or haresfileld)?
  • Dancake
    Free Member

Just a heads up, Guys.

At the start of the Randwick downhill, there is a longbarrow. It is a Natural starting point where the downhill goes one way and the quarry jumps are the other way.

Went up there today, and I met a couple of volunteers who were trying to shure up the longbarrow to stop the erosion caused by us starting from there. When up there you will see part of the track has been covered in wood chip on a layer of gravel. if we could start just a little further down, it will stop the erosion of this 4000 year old monument!

I added that some kind of plaque could be added like others in the area which might alert people that it is there

Also,

When I got back to the Car park, met a nice fellow from the NT. Turns out he (and some guys from Hartpury College) were responsible for the New bits of trail (with the Berms and stuff) that navigates around the boggy area by the road. There we arso big plans to make a Skills area in the quarry, but these have been put on hold for now due to Planning permission gripes

He mentioned that a similar project is earmarked for Popes wood. It will be an official waymarked trail built with the understanding that the illegal digging must stop. Interesting to see what appears

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Randwick Longbarrow Preservation (or is it Standish (or haresfileld)?’ is closed to new replies.