Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Random Phone Messages
  • clowner
    Free Member

Since upgrading my o2 phone to an android smart phone last month I've been receiving a message from 447802005731 weekly containing the same message "SrMW, MJM I"

A quick web search through up SMSC List (Send and Sorry) numbers

Anyone experienced anything similar? Should it be something I worry about? o2 don't seem to know anything about it.

MrNutt
    Free Member

they're on to you, burn everything you own and swim to france!

CountZero

Never ever seen anything like that before. Strange. I used to get random text messages asking for some song or other to be played, because my number was in some way similar to that of some poxy commercial radio station. Don't get any now, I think they went over to quick codes, not before time.

Cougar

That's proper potty. Was it a new phone, or a second hander?

If the latter, what I think might have happened is the previous owner set a custom SMSC (the server you send SMSes through) in order to get free text messaging. This is changeable through a 'secret' menu; I'll give you more info when I get an answer to the first question.

If it's new, then $deity only knows. I'd be bullying O2 in this case.

Did you change the phone number? Maybe it's a recycled number with a past life…? Long shot though.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

If you go to Bradford Interchange station, you get a message from West Yorkshire fire service. Not at Forster Square though, surprisingly.

CountZero; can you play 'Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You' by 80s heart-throb Glen Medeiros please? Thanks.

johni
    Free Member

Elfinsafety, my sister played that chuffin song on loop for months in the 80s. Now it's going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the day! AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!

"…you wanna know by now, how much I love you. One thing you can be sure of…."

GOD HELP ME!!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I aim to please…

For those not yet enlightened and wish to enhance their lives, clicky piccy for to make nice music:

Jonni; with Valium, comes Peace.

johni
    Free Member

According to Wiki-makeitup-pedia he's now a history teacher teaching US History in Honolulu.

clowner
    Free Member

New phone and just renewed my contract with o2 so kept my number/sim

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well good luck to him. Very worthy occupation, teaching.

Maybe Bradford Interchange station could send that song to people to help bring about peace and harmony. I think it would be good.

meehaja
    Free Member

Bradford interchange should advise all people passing into Bradford to give up all hope. Grim, grim place.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Wash your mouth out! That's the Jewel of Yorkshire you're talking about. Blasphemer!

I like Bradford. It's neglected and forlorn, but still has more soul and character than most other cities. Steeped in history, and a vitally important part of the development of Industrial Britain. Still has the same buildings of it's heyday, too. Fascinating place. And with the National Media Museum, shows that it can once again rise, this time as an important cultural centre.

And you can get a bastard good curry there, by God you can.

Cougar

New phone and just renewed my contract with o2 so kept my number/sim

How very odd. It's definitely not a "new" (restocked) phone either?

I'd definitely be badgering O2, though it might take a couple of calls to find someone with a brain who's willing to help. If you get "I don't know" the correct response is "well, can I speak to someone who does?" (-:

clowner
    Free Member

Doubt it's a "new" restocked phone.

Got it the day after o2 started selling them.

Sent an email of to o2 and they know nothing about it.

Is there anything dodgey that can happen from receiving messages?

white101

my work phone currently states that I'm on holiday and will be back in the office whenever andplease contact our callcentre etc….
    checked my voicemails today as doc has my work number and waiting for some test results, to find….

'hello gloria, its val I'll be coming up this weekend to visit with george, hope you'll be home as I've lost your home number. Anyway we are leaving in the morning and will be there around 5. Don't put yourself out george will stay on the settee and I'll jump in with you as usual, bye love see you soon'

Now, I'm not quite sure where to start with this

paulosoxo
    Free Member

if you're on vodafone, pressing 55 during the message will call them back

CountZero

Maybe George likes to join in with the camera once the action starts…

white101

Paul, I am on vodaphone, but why spoil a nice suprise for gloria

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Random Phone Messages’ is closed to new replies.