Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Random dude of the day. Josh Angel co inventor of the Hite Rite
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Boblo and I are about fifteen miles from the end of our riding in the US.

The other day we met Josh Angel the co inventor of the Hite Rite. He designed it with Joe Breeze. The originals should be stamped Breeze and Angel.

I don’t seem to be able to post the pic, but he was a top guy.

fasthaggis

Nice one Mr McM.
    Been following your blog,great stuff.
    Hope your back has calmed down a bit.

I would have told Josh…

that I think the Hite Rite still has a place at the cheaper end of the market,just needs a few tiny design tweeks. 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

The original dropper.

Who’d have thought a functional product that cost £12 in 1985 would be replaced 25 years later by one costing £200-350…with added reliability and durability problems.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Cheers. We’ve had a couple of epic days with no chance to update the blog. Yesterday we rode 77 miles with 4650 feet of climbing down the coast south of Mendocino. It was only ten metres short of our biggest climbing day in Idaho.

It’s been an amazing ride full of fun and adventure.

Northwind

cynic-al – Member

Who’d have thought a functional product that cost £12 in 1985 would be replaced 25 years later by one costing £200-350…with added reliability and durability problems.

I had a Hite-Rite, it was damn nearly useless, loved the idea though. 30 years on we have stuff that works. I think it was Charlie on here that mentioned, Joe Breeze uses Gravity Droppers. Wonder what Josh uses.

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Thanks for sharing that – always wondered who the ‘Angel’ referred to.

Still got one in the tool box, with original packaging…

It’s Breeze and Angell. Note, two ‘ls’ in Angell 😉

Did he pronounce it ‘Angel’ or ‘Angle’ ? Both are pretty cool bike related names.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I never asked how he spelled his surname. Good to see the original

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Random dude of the day. Josh Angel co inventor of the Hite Rite’ is closed to new replies.