Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Random act of kindness – Old Brampton
  • MrNice
    Free Member

if the bloke who gave me a lift to the bike shop after my mechanical disaster reads this I want to say thank you. He prevented a fairly large pain in the arse from turning into a really huge pain. Gives me reassurance that the human race isn’t a bunch of gits.

FWIW the disaster was an unshipped chain which broke a spoke thus deflating my tubeless tyre, which turned out to be dry of stan’s juice. Then I discovered my spare tube wouldn’t go up. 😡

towzer

you can still get lucky, similarish experience of helpful people, Wed eve bimble with gf, dinner goes in oven and off we go, about 7 miles out – stop at pub, in the verandah, with a pint sitting looking at the lowering, but still blazing sun, lovely, slowly drink up and return to bikes – 3 tyres pancaked – fix the first in her front only to find two more .. then she helpfully adds – you’ve got two in the back wheel as well as I’ve found the hawthorns and dinner is in the oven – ok call a cab I’ll go home and get the Berlingo – bloke says 5 mins, so she goes in to get another drink and I stand at front of pub – cab turns up (Merc Vito) and driver asks whats up, I tell him puncture frenzy – he says – put the bikes in here, so I say they’re mountain bikes and a bit mucky, no problem it’s dry I’ve got a brush, so he drives down side of pub, as gf emerges with a new wine, he helps me grab the rucksacks, bikes, her and her drink into cab and off we go, he was (imo) old school – I now know you can get 3 fridges in a Vito or a oxy welding set

gobuchul
    Free Member

Did you steal the glass from the pub?

takisawa2

That was my first thought too… 🙂

Oh what cynical times we live in. 🙂

Good fortunes Op, you’ve obviously done someone a good turn in the past.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Random act of kindness – Old Brampton’ is closed to new replies.