Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)
  • Rampant Prejudice Time
  • chewkw
    Free Member

The Greek … what civilisation? 🙄

zippykona

I used to hate the French till I went to Italy. No idea of how to queue.
    At what age do all those gorgeous Italian women turn into those haggard old crows? Lust in haste, regret at leisure.
    Have always had a love of Australians though for no apparent reason. Oh and listening to softly spoken women from eire.

Kevevs
    Free Member

don’t judge human beings on their govermental political divisions alone! People/humans aren’t that bad, they are made bad by the divisions that are made between them. like this comedy thread. Grow up.

THE WELSH!

StefMcDef
    Free Member

I used to think that about Austria. Hitler. Falco. Arnie. Fritzl. The cheating bastards of Rapid Vienna (c) 1983. Then I went there on a last-minute cheap ski holiday. Loved it. Have been twice since and had a great time, found the people to be brand new. Life’s too short to dismiss swathes of the globe on the basis of irrational prejudices.

Having said that, I’m in no hurry to go on holiday to anywhere whose name ends in -stan.

Kevevs
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MAmkKp5tsI[/video]

Falco is a major ****

racefaceec90

although i am english (i am part scottish/welsh also 😉
    i am deeply embarrassed about the british empire and what they did (slave trade/invading countries/murdering/exploiting people/resources the monarchy,national anthem e.t.c).i think that just about covers it 😉

Kevevs
    Free Member

you have to agree that Falco is a Really Nasty Person though. His mum was from penrhyndeudraeth and his dad was, well, who knows..

Kevevs
    Free Member

you have to agree that Falco is a Really Nasty Person though. His mum was from penrhyndeudraeth and his dad was, well, who knows..

bigrich

I like portugal. I went there for the euro champs and had a lovely time. There was this one very nice Portugese lady who told me that the reason their economy is rubbish is that as soon as the summer starts, everyone quits their job, signs on and heads to the beach. Nice.

zokes
    Free Member

Australia. If you’re a tourist it’s fab. Living or working there, dung.

Totally agree. It’s complete crap over here 😉

MrSmith
    Free Member

Australians and the french, no redeeming features.
    the french have some nice things like their food and wine but are so up their own arses about it, as for the Austraslians? racist, misogynist ex-cons with no culture.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Portugal only stood up to Bonaparte because a British Amry under General Sir John Moore had been sent to protect British trade interests there.
    The British army suffred several runnung defeats and had to fight a terrible withdrawal through the mountains, the French only ever a few hundred metres behind until they came to Corruna where they turned and defeated the French. General Sir John Moore died in the battle but it gave Portugal enough space to regroup and heart enough to continue the fight.

But yeah, the Welsh..

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Almost everyone on this thread has some sort of weird brain disease.

Cletus

although i am english (i am part scottish/welsh also
    i am deeply embarrassed about the british empire and what they did (slave trade/invading countries/murdering/exploiting people/resources the monarchy,national anthem e.t.c).i think that just about covers it

Although some terrible things were done in the name of the British empire it was pretty benign compared to many others. Re. the slave trade the British through the auspices of the Royal Navy were instrumental in ending it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_slave_trade#End_of_the_Atlantic_slave_trade

maycontainnuts

Wales – A beautiful country blighted by a terrible infestation of vermin known as “The Welsh”.

Stoner
    Free Member

The Portuguese gave us Vinho Verde and Arroz De Marisco!
    That, Sagres, Superbock and the girls on the Beach at Cascais makes up for everything else. 😀

The Austrians on the other hand…

And dont start me on the Welsh.

wrecker
    Free Member

The Swedish. No wait, I really like the Swedish. Umm the Turks. No the Spanish. Oh hang on, what was the question again?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Why is TJ not frothing about the casual racism here? Surely he must have reported this thread a dozen times already!

😉

wrecker
    Free Member

don simon – Member

So come on. What country do you think kind of sucks?

england.

Perhaps you shouldn’t move to Bristol after all.

donsimon
    Free Member

Perhaps you shouldn’t move to Bristol after all.

Is it really so narrow minded when it comes to outsiders? You could be right then. 😥

alex222
    Free Member

Israel has got to be up there, they really have done nothing for the world. Apart from the highly important task of suppressing the Palestinians of course

molgrips
    Free Member

I mean, what have they given the rest of us

Henry the Navigator? He did some very important stuff.

wrecker
    Free Member

Is it really so narrow minded when it comes to outsiders? You could be right then.

????
    That’s not what was written and I cannot see how you would interpret it in that manner unless you were being deliberately obtuse.
    I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and spell it out for you; If you don’t like the English; don’t move to England.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

the casual racism here

Oh look at you getting all outraged.

donsimon
    Free Member

That’s not what was written and I cannot see how you would interpret it in that manner unless you were being deliberately obtuse.

I thought it was a warning to foriegners. 😀

wrecker
    Free Member

Oh deary me no. We have plenty of celts here in brizzle; just ask darcy.

donsimon
    Free Member

We have plenty of celts here in brizzle; just ask darcy.

Which is one of the reasons for looking there, not specifically darcy, but the fact the english population has been diluted by decent folk… 😛

mcboo
    Free Member

I dont hate Pakistan, but I’m totally terrified of the place. Violent, paranoid, corrupt, nucleur armed and very very religious.

The French are all right. You cant take them seriously…..and you should here them complain about France and the French. Sacre Blu!

BermBandit
    Free Member

Personally I’m not fond of India as a place. Its dirty, in a way that scares the crap out of domestos, I hate the class divides, and the way that the society clings to religion to maintain the status quo really squeezes my pipes. However, there are many notably great things to come out of it and I’d be the first to acknowledge that, but I’m not going to be going there again from choice, ever!

grum
    Free Member

I dont hate Pakistan, but I’m totally terrified of the place. Violent, paranoid, corrupt, nucleur armed and very very religious.

Whereabouts did you go in Pakistan?

Stoner
    Free Member

hup^

just pulling your post up out of the hole there grum

mcboo
    Free Member

Whereabouts did you go in Pakistan?

I havent been to Pakistan. I’m too scared. Whats your point?

algarvebairn
    Free Member

And the women. I forgot about Portuguese women who are uniformly beautiful and all the men are ugly. Giving us balding or fat folk hope.

yunki
    Free Member

I havent been to Pakistan. I’m too scared. Whats your point?

perhaps that forming your opinions from information gleaned directly from the pages of the daily mail is a little short-sighted..?

wrecker
    Free Member

I know a place I hate; Bridgwater! No redeeming features whatsoever. I cannot understand why anyone would choose to live there.
    Have I not done this right?

tarquin
    Free Member

Australia. If you’re a tourist it’s fab. Living or working there, dung.

It would suck as a tourist at the minute.

Everything is damn expensive because the £ is worth jack compared to 5-10 years ago.

Living & working here is great, earn a shed load more money, better conditions and I am appreciated at work!

MrSparkle

A lot of people seem to have a very sketchy understanding of what constitutes Europe. But anyway… muddydwarf- we are going on holiday to Spain near the Picos de Europa and I am hoping to nip down to La Coruna (Corunna) to see where Moore was buried.
    Also for the anti – Portugal brigade the Caldera de Guerras is bloody fantastic, some great mountain biking to be had.

neilferther
    Free Member

I have been to Pakistan. I have also been to Afghanistan, which, along the borders is really the same place. The locals don’t think of themsleves as one or the other, their allegiance is tribal.
    I can assure you that “Violent, paranoid, corrupt, nucleur armed and very very religious” doesn’t even come close to describing the place or the people, or their way of thinking.

The news of the region that we read here, even in the Daily Mail has been watered down and sanitized so as not to offend our Western sensibilities.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Almost everyone on this thread has some sort of weird brain disease.

Thanks for upping the average

Although some terrible things were done in the name of the British empire it was pretty benign compared to many others.

That’s like being a pretty benign murderer and exploiter isn’t it 😕

Re. the slave trade the British through the auspices of the Royal Navy were instrumental in ending it

As for slavery we were both instrumental in its existence and in its ending. The later can never be called good given the former. It is like me stopping kicking you and thinking I have done a good thing by stopping.

PS Portugal started it ..just syaing like I have nothing against Portugal

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Rampant Prejudice Time’ is closed to new replies.