Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ramblers playing statues
  • project
    Free Member

Recently when passing groups of ramblers on the flat or uphill, they suddenly stop dead, not moveing a muscle,not speaking and looking at the ground, when ive passed they continue on their rambel, talking animatedly.
    Anyone else noticed some strange rambler behaviour.

TimothyD
    Free Member

I’ve nevver had that,I usually say hello to ramblers,and they usually say hello back.

druidh
    Free Member

Try wearing clothes?

spooky_b329

Better than them moving left/right perfectly matching your planned route round them 🙂

TimothyD
    Free Member

I like slowing down and saying hello,and making an interaction of it for both parties,rather than them feeling like they have to give way while out on thier walk. It’s nice to be friendly.

Junkyard
    Free Member

bikes are meant to give way to them perhaps if you stopped they would move?

jam-bo

Invitation to slalom through them surely?

IdleJon

Maybe they are playing with their ipods?

nukeproof
    Free Member

Its a kind of ‘bunnies in headlights’ thing were they just stop dead but thats probably better than that thing where both people move the same way, then both move to compensate, then both move to compensate for the compensation etc etc

nickc

Mostly just Hello seems to work, unless they’re determined to be offended, then they do the “startled leap of death to the side” as if you’re going to mow them down like the Lycra Lout you clearly are… 🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Did any of them have a cucumber and a wry grin?

grahamofredmarley
    Free Member

On our local hills (Malverns) week day walkers are a dam site more friendly than the weekend jobbies.

Out for a spin today, even has sort of smiles & conversations.

Weekends, you just get grunts & scowls & “have you got a bell on that?”

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ramblers playing statues’ is closed to new replies.