Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Rain tomorrow? Llandegla or Penmachno?
  • brooess
    Free Member

Fancy a ride. Not ridden Llandegla before – is it muddy when wet?

Nick

No

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Degla is good in the rain and it has the cafe that an Equally good Penmachno dose not have (cafe would swing it for me) 😉

Christian
    Free Member

Penmachno is wet even when the rest of the uk is dry :mrgreen:

Brilliant in sunny times but miserable in the rain, ive done it a few times in the rain and a soaking i got____Brrrr, Llandegla is less exposed to the elements, would be my choice for tomorrow m8.

steveh

There’s a duathlon event on at Llandegla tomorrow. Not sure what the impact (closures etc) on the trails will be though. Their website will probably have more.

Jeffus
    Free Member

The bike part of the Race is on the Red route, it won’t effect the riding just the carpark will be full, I rode there today the ground was fine a bit wet but nothing major, cafe always swings it fo me, a nice latte and a cake, they do a mean Bacon Bap aswell. 😀 Penmachno is a hard ride when the weather is good.

loddrik
    Free Member

I’d steer clear of Llandegla on a weekend, it’ll be like riding in the peloton regardless of whether there is an event on or not.

Penmachno is worth getting cold and wet for.

Or are you a southerner..?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I’m riding Penmachno tomorrow planning on getting there around 10ish, its bound to be very wet.

Jeffus
    Free Member

I rode Llandegla this afternoon 2-30pm didn’t see any one on the trails until we got near to the lake, the car park was busy but trails where empty. 🙂

depth-junkie
    Free Member

If your worried about Llandegla being busy, just do what we do. Go at 4pm and clack round, you wont see a sole 😆

Teetosugars
    Free Member

depth-junkie – Member
    If your worried about Llandegla being busy, just do what we do. Go at 4pm and clack round, you wont see a sole

Aye, To be fair, I’ve never seen a fish there either… 🙂

Kevevs
    Free Member

have you seen the weather forecast? best take yer swimming cossie and goggles to Penmachno!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Llandega has an event on tomorrow and Penmachno hold water is oceans.

I’d do the Marin Trail, old school but it’s matured great since the traffic heads to Llandegla.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Rain tomorrow? Llandegla or Penmachno?’ is closed to new replies.