Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Railways – Ticket Inspectors – Rant content..
  • surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

~Why is it they always assume that everyone is a fare dodger?

This morning on my train the Inspector gives this poor guy a total going over for having the wrong ticket; this atypical behavoir which only serves to alienate the people on the train seems to be their default position. Thing was the guy was sold the wrong ticket. He gets on at a station where there is no ticket office and then has to buy his monthly at the next one down the line the ticket was issued for the latter station, but the price is the same so Scotrail are not even out of pocket! I have had similar experiences but I don’t get their lack of understanding of customer issues.

thegreatape
    Free Member

‘BIG MAN’ TO THE FORUM PLEASE

zilog6128

Just because you’re at a particular station doesn’t been you have to buy a ticket for a train departing from that station. At least, not down in the civilised south. I have bought an “asymmetric return” many times. FWIW I’ve always found the ticket inspectors pretty helpful too.

molgrips
    Free Member

Arseholes in every job sadly. And I think the amount of crap train guards get from the public tends to make them somewhat cynical, sadly. No excuse of course.

Pigface
    Free Member

Don’t get me started on the ones at St Albans, utter morons.

sbob
    Free Member

You can avoid ticket inspectors completely by simply driving a car. 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

You can avoid traffic police, bad drivers and speed cameras entirely simply by using a train 🙂

bencooper
    Free Member

I used to love the one on the Maryhill train who kept changing the destination board to “Blackpool Pleasure Beach” 😉

rewski
    Free Member

I’ve know people get tickets for standing in 1st Class on busy commuter trains on Southern, surely a bit of leeway is called for in these cases. Especially when you’re literally pushed into these aisles because of other passengers getting on the train.

T1000
    Free Member

I wrote to FGW to congratulate them on the quality of there staff recently.

One of there guys had to spend 40 mins dealing with a drunk agressive fare dodger… can’t see how they can pay these people enough to deal with the public most of them treat the staff in a vile manner……

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Railways – Ticket Inspectors – Rant content..’ is closed to new replies.