Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • ragley troof/bagger
  • grimupnorth
    Free Member

evenin troops,

just wondering if anyones managed to get a test ride on either of the above 2011 ragley frames? I believe they not being unleashed on the public until end of march??

I’m interested in the troof frame myself and was keen to hear any feedback on it.

good or bad lets hear it.

cheers in advance 🙂

Ed-O
    Free Member

I’ve been riding a Bagger for the last couple of weeks. It’s really fun for what it’s designed for, but you need to like this kind of bike. If you’ve ridden and liked a Blue Pig then it might be for you. The Bagger is taking the idea further; more travel, a bit heavier, longer wheelbase and lower BB. Great for riding downhill, smashing corners, hitting drops etc. It climbs just fine too, but it’s no XC bike. It’s an alternative to a long travel trail bike, it’s pretty off the wall and you’ve got to want to like it. Not for everyone! I made a video the other day to promote a holiday trip that I’m running and it features the Bagger. It’s on my site if you want to have a look.

ragleyrider
    Free Member

The Troof doesnt exist in this country as yet as far as i know, im waiting for mine to arrive, got the full Nukjeproof kit for it when it arrives, Hi Ed-O glad you are likeing teh bagger, just a tad too heavy for me at over 6LB, thought my Bluepig was a tad on the heavy side.

grimupnorth
    Free Member

hey cheers pal, will take a look at your see what the craic is.

ta

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Brant had a Troof with him at Hit the North (amongst other things); didn’t get to ride it but my word it looks tough!

Ed-O
    Free Member

Here’s a pic of the Troof taken by 18 Bikes from the Hotlines show in Manchester.

RagTi
    Free Member

Blacky, dont think that you will be too dissapointed with the Troof looking at the pic above, I could not picture it built up from the images on the Rag site. I take it that must be a custom colour but the red will look as equaly as sharp.
    Kev

edhornby

they look nice in the flesh

Mugboo

looks kinda like an Evil Sovereign from that angle

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Looks more like my Transition TransAM than the Sovereign.

I tried the Ragley site to find out what the various new frames were for, but it’s a bit of a mess, so didnt get anywhere. Anyone able to tell me what they’re intended to do? Ta.

BoardinBob

The Bagger got a good mini review in Dirt this month.

messiah
    Free Member

Was that article in Dirt a review? Looked more like a page of words written around the general subject of the bike as a detention exercise…

😉

Edited… I know… it was a mini review but I was a bit shocked by how uninformative it was for a whole page of writing :mrgreen:

brant
    Free Member

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Looked more like a page of words written around the general subject of the bike as a detention exercise…

Thats how Dirt review bikes. They fill a page with sh*te ramblings. See review on the Blood, Slopestyle etc etc. good for them for trying to do something different but it doesn’t work. At all.

chakaping
    Free Member

And they’re even more autistic than MBR when it comes to saying which bike is THE BEST TRAIL BIKE IN THE WORLD or whatever.

Sorry, bit of a tangent, but I’m glad to see others share my frustrations.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Yeah, good, but what are they actually for these bikes? Give me numbers!

ragleyrider
    Free Member

That Troof is a BAGGER… shite colour, how can a hardcore hardtail look hardcore in a girly blue colour!?
    Mine is going to be the vivid red frame with black 2011 Nukeproof kit should looka alot better than the one in the photo on here.

grimupnorth
    Free Member

for the folk that are interested I found out today that the release of the new ragley frames has been put back to may…..I believe the original date was supposed to be the end of march.

cheers

druidh
    Free Member

The original date was the start of January….

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘ragley troof/bagger’ is closed to new replies.