Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Ragley td-1
  • Anthony
    Free Member

You can swap the ugly tensioner bolt for a normal (5mm thread)4mm allen key headed bolt. I also did away with the locknut, just nip up the dropout and tighten the adjuster into it to stop it rattling loose.

(Mine are on a Lynskey SS which share the same drop-outs and are about a year old). They do work very well.

adeward
    Free Member

i think i need a 29 rear wheel with an alfine in it for bigger days out ,,

mocha
    Free Member

Yeah can't help but think a pair ofgeared sliding dropouts would have given it more appeal/usefulness.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    markenduro
    Free Member

Looks good, I have tried the alfine and not too sure they are the answer, they feel a bit draggy compared to a mech based setup

Clink

pair ofgeared sliding dropouts

Think it comes with those; both bikes leaning against the Berlingo are geared.

twinklydave

Yes, it comes with sliding geared dropouts

brant
    Free Member

Yeah can't help but think a pair ofgeared sliding dropouts would have given it more appeal/usefulness.

It comes with a disc side sliding dropout, a gear side dropout with a gear hanger, and a gear side plain SS hanger too.

adeward
    Free Member

i do have a whyte preston with an alfine/ss changable setup and love the alfine especialy in the mud of winter ,,

so i have no doubts about the alfine hub,, might wait for the 11 speed one later in the year,, of get an 8 speed one as iexpect the prices to drop soon

my frame came with both geared and SS hanger ,,

mocha
    Free Member

Ah, thought it was concieved as a purist thang! It's all clear now

I'd wait for the 11 speed alfine – it'll be lighter won't it?

smuttiesmith
    Free Member

Any news on the aluminium or steel version?

Unless my numbers come up shortly I think the titanium version will be out of my reach.

brant
    Free Member

My frames, generally are combinations of dropouts, tubesets and geometries. We've got "headtubes" thrown in the mix this year too, and we're just nailing a few aspects on all of those, and then we can start to throw out some more versions and different versions of stuff we have now, and coming.

I don't expect that made sense, but it did in my head.

simon1975

Looks fab and could tempt me into the world of big wheels…

I always think that with these sort of dropouts that it's the perfect solution on the brake-side, but that the drive-side is so much simpler with a track end and chaintug. How about some sort of mutant with a combination of both? 🙂

smuttiesmith
    Free Member

brant – Member

My frames, generally are combinations of dropouts, tubesets and geometries. We've got "headtubes" thrown in the mix this year too, and we're just nailing a few aspects on all of those, and then we can start to throw out some more versions and different versions of stuff we have now, and coming.

I don't expect that made sense, but it did in my head.

Clear as mud!! 🙂

Translated as your working on it?

terrahawk
    Free Member

I always think that with these sort of dropouts that it's the perfect solution on the brake-side, but that the drive-side is so much simpler with a track end and chaintug. How about some sort of mutant with a combination of both?

there really is no need at all to change them. Mine has been faultless from day one.

simon1975

Glad to hear it! The problem I always had with my Kona's sliders was that the dropouts weren't vertical. There were slightly front-facing to make it easier to get the wheel out with the chain under tension, but that meant you had to clamp the axle nuts down REALLY tight to stop the wheel pulling out under power or when doing fixie skids…

adeward
    Free Member

i think these dropouts are better than those with slotted mounts for brake calipers,,

as you dont have to realign your caliper when you adjust your chain ,

simon1975

Agree but I'd prefer a track-end on the drive-side if I were spec'ing my own build 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

Agree but I'd prefer a track-end on the drive-side if I were spec'ing my own build

Would that not need asymmetrical stays?

simon1975

Would that not need asymmetrical stays?

That would depend on the shape of the dropouts and how much area they've got for welding onto the stays.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Ragley td-1’ is closed to new replies.