• This topic has 29 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by bol.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Ragley Piglet Ti – Anyone heard anything?
  • ikimbunza
    Free Member

There was a thread a while ago on the Ragley Piglet and Brant posted a picture of a rather nice looking Ti Piglet with sliding dropouts.

Anyone know anything more about the Ti Piglet and when / if they might be making an appearance?

Ta

brant
    Free Member

You can ask me if you want.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’d reccommend doing what Brant says. He might know…

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Have you asked Brant? 😉

ikimbunza
    Free Member

Yes, i’ve taken a big slice of humble pie and e-mailed Brant 😳

wwaswas

it’s that brant astroturfing again, isn’t it 😉

[edit] – do post up relevant parts of the reply.

ikimbunza
    Free Member

Right, e-mailed Brant and had a useful reply. Says he’s happy for me to summarise the appropriate bits of his reply so those who are interested can find out more.

The Ti Piglet is going ahead. Looking at options on a ‘normal vertical’ as well as a ‘sliding dropout’ version. Still needs to do some refining of bits and pieces (mentioned the headtube).

Price seems v.competitive but don’t think its fair for me to mention the figure as i wouldn’t want Ragley to be held to it…

‘Early spring’ seems like a good timescale to summarise Brant’s comments.

Thanks

p.s Hope Brant’s happy with that summary 😕

brant
    Free Member

Yeah. Lynskey build too, so Soda/Lynskey price and quality.

£1400 to £1500 I reckon.

cr500dom
    Free Member

How does it ride compared to the original Ragley geometry Brant ?

I`m very pleased with my Blue Pig, happy enough to consider a Ti in fact, but be interested to hear the differences ?

brant
    Free Member

This is longer and a degree steeper than the blue pig. We do a ti blue pig too though, and that will be getting a revision too.

druidh
    Free Member

Revision???

Kuco

What fork travel will the piglet be able to take?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

any news on the FS mentioned on the STW interview video a couple of months back??????

VERY tempted.

brant
    Free Member

Revision???

Just as the Blue Pig got a revision, the Ti will do too. I’m thinking Maxle/Swapouts, 44mm HT, bit of bend on the tubing.

What fork travel will the piglet be able to take?

120mm optimised, which means people will run everything from 700c wheels and rigid forks to 150mm dual crowns I expect 🙂

any news on the FS mentioned on the STW interview video a couple of months back??????

That project’s moved quite a lot, though mostly sideways. I’ve found a new factory with some new (to me) technology that scratched their heads a bit and then said “I guess so” when I suggested some things. I would hope to have finished production for Eurobike though. Nothing sooner.

druidh
    Free Member

brant – Member
    I’m thinking Maxle/Swapouts

hmmm- not fussed

44mm HT

hmmm- not fussed

bit of bend on the tubing.

Baarf!
    😀

Kuco

Nice, not to keen on long travel hardtails I preferred my inbred to my current 456.

brant
    Free Member

Nice, not to keen on long travel hardtails I preferred my inbred to my current 456.

Well, as my mum says, “It’s a good job eveybody’s different”.

cr500dom
    Free Member

Will the Ti Piglet frame (vertical drop out) be lighter than the current spec Ti Ragley ?

I find I`m running the Blue Pig down at 120ish travel anyway, and I quite liked it on 80mm forks when I originally built it….. so a piglet might be the way to go…especially if its coming in lighter ?

brant
    Free Member

Will the Ti Piglet frame (vertical drop out) be lighter than the current spec Ti Ragley ?

Yes.

mooman
    Free Member

Off topic sorry – but did I read you were sourcing a proper metal Ragley head badge?
    If so … When & where can I get one??

Thanks.

cr500dom
    Free Member

brant – Member

Yes.

Waits with baited breath…… 😀

brant
    Free Member

Ragley head badges got oddly delayed. Trying to hurry them along.

mooman
    Free Member

Will they be available from all your Ragley stockists or just you directly?

Thanks again Brant.

brant
    Free Member

I don’t sell anything. The stockists sell everything.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

That project’s moved quite a lot, though mostly sideways. I’ve found a new factory with some new (to me) technology that scratched their heads a bit and then said “I guess so” when I suggested some things. I would hope to have finished production for Eurobike though. Nothing sooner.

fair enough. well, if you need any prototypes testing with a full season in the alps (from whenever the snow melts!), er, email’s in my profile 😉

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

mooman – Member
    Off topic sorry – but did I read you were sourcing a proper metal Ragley head badge?
    If so … When & where can I get one??

Jo Burt is working on these, they’re due 2015. Give or take.

bol

Any news on’t Piglet Ti?

bol

Anyone?

miketually
    Free Member

brant – Member
    You can ask me if you want.

bol

Ah, but then I’d be moving from idle interest to active purchase-related enquiry. Which would mean I had to face up to some financial realities.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Ragley Piglet Ti – Anyone heard anything?’ is closed to new replies.