• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by BB.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ragley MmmBop
  • BB

I'm really starting to hanker after one of these after seeing Benji's long-termer.

Anyone got any views to share (most previous posts seem to be about the Blue Pig). My main worry is how stiff the frame is.

Am I going to get back ache?

Cheers.

v10
    Free Member

Had a spin on a customers custom build one we did last week, its pretty stiff but certainly seemed to be more compliant than my old stiffee if thats anything you can relate too.

brant
    Free Member

Any concerns about ride quality and "back ache" are really best directed at shimming the seat tube to 27.2mm and running a carbon or Ti post.

They're very precise through things, but I think it's mostly the big post diameter that gets a reputation for being solid.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BB

Have had a go one one of them but, no more than a 'car park spin'.

The Ragley website say they can be used for pretty much anything, but I just want to make sure I won't beat up on all-day rides.

I'll be changing from a Giant Trance (nothing wrong with this, just fancy a change) which is why I'm procrastinating.

Will mainly be used for Chilterns riding with occasional forays up north/trail centres. Thinking a bike which suits the 95% of my riding would be best.

Thanks in advance.

BB

Wowee. A post from the man himself while I wasn't looking.

I think the carbon post off my trance would fit as well.

Might have to run it past the accounts dept.

ampthill

I'll back up brant on the seat post thing

My mate and eye have almost identical orange hard tails, except the seat post diameter. i think you can really feel the difference

Northwind

Only when you're sat down mind 🙂

poppa
    Free Member

I third the seatpost thing. It has a very large impact on seated comfort. I sometimes wonder if the steel 'give' people experience has anything to do with the fact that steel frames tend to be specced with smaller seatpost diameters than alu frames.

ton

i had a blue pig, sold it on brants advice……..
    got a mm bop at the same time…….it is very nice
    seems a fair bit sharper that the pig, climbs better too.
    got a thomson 27.2 post in it, it is plenty comfy too.

hose mounts are S H Y T E tho……..thank god for zip ties.

BB

Ton, Why did Brant advise you to get rid of the Blue Pig? I thought its just the same as the Mmmbop? Have you still got the new one, and if so, how long have you had it for (a good measure of how much you rate it!!)

Noticed the hose mounts look a bit funny. And Brant, why have you sent them under the top tube? Carrying bikes is hard enough…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ragley MmmBop’ is closed to new replies.