Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ragley Bluepig and forks
  • geelo
    Free Member

I’m having a bit of a panic. Ive got a bluepig on order as a frame replacement. Trouble is I have rock shox revelation forks that go up to 140mm. Are these going to be long enough? On the website it says yes with external cups. But I think I only have internal. Is it going to effect it too much? Or can I pack it out?

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

A Blue Pig will be fine with 140mm travel. But, you seem to be worried about steerer tube length and stack height.
    How long is your steerer?
    How long is your new headtube?
    Whats the stack height of your headset and stem?

bigblackshed

I ran my Blue Pig with 140mm Floats. External Hope mix and match headset. It was a hoot when you pointed down if you rode it like a hooligan. Wasn’t the best climber, but that was more to do with the fat bloke riding it.

bennn
    Free Member

Run my mk1 Blue Pig with 140mm Rockshox, its a right laugh!

covbuggy
    Free Member

Hi, I have a mk1 pig x, used to run it on 140mm before and changed the revs to 150mm. Tbh it was a hoot on the 140 and its turned into a hooligan with the 150’s.

billyboulders
    Free Member

140’s will be perfect I reckon. I have a Ragley Ti which has the same geometry as the blue pig. When I changed from pikes to 150mm Revs. I thought it really messed up the low speed handling (though it could be I was just so used to how it rode with pikes) spaced the revs down to 140mm and everything was spot on again 🙂

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

It’ll be crap. Sell it to me cheap.

warpcow
    Free Member

Are we talking latest BP or an older model? The new one seems to be a bit of a replacement for the Bagger with the Piglet then being bumped up into old Bluepig territory. Anyway, no idea about the new one but an old one’ll be fine.

geelo
    Free Member

Its the new one I’ve got coming. It’s a replacement for a cracked piglet mk1. I thought the 140mm forks would be fine. But when I looked on their website it says 150-160mm forks. But liking the sound of the bike.

Northwind

It’s a wee bit weird, the website, says 130-140 with external and 150-160 with internal, as if the difference is 20mm, when it’s typically going to be 10mm-ish.

In any case- old Pig etc were all designed for 140mm and worked superbly with that, at worst, a new headset is cheaper and easier than a new fork anyway.

geelo
    Free Member

That’s what confused me. Can anyone recommend which headset to go for please. The forks are 1.1/8.
    Or shall I just sling them on.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ragley Bluepig and forks’ is closed to new replies.