Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ragley Blue Pig geometry
  • aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Having had a BP for nearly a year and finding the geometry very strange feeling at first, I’ve persevered with it and now love it, to the extent I now wonder why slack head tube angle / steep seat tube angle hasn’t become the norm.

I guess I’m not the Blue Pig target market being fairly non-aggresive / jey / wheels on the ground, but the bike just works so damn well in any remotely technical situations that I’m totally sold on the geometry.

It’s no race bike but for the majority of British woodsy, twisty trails it rocks. The only improvement I’d make is less weight: if I had the cash I’d go for a ti version and no doubt keep it for years.

druidh
    Free Member

I bought, and loved, the mmmbop and I’m no DH demon. However, the mmmbop is a bit stiff for all-day riding.

Hence….

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Want……….. 🙂

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Here’s mine btw…

druidh
    Free Member

Industrial….

Northwind

Ooooooooh. Druidh, is that a medium? Any chance I could get a go on it some time, I tolerate the stiffness of the mmmbop because I like everything else it does, but the ti’s been a constant temptation… Would be nice to see if it makes the change I’m after. Absolutely lovely.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Mmmm – after Northwind get’s a shot – me too? Please?

I love my mmmbop but my ass doesnt (even with a a carbon post!)

I’m heading in the right direction – but I’m not there yet!

druidh
    Free Member

Sorry – that’s a Small (16″) same as my mmmbop. No problem if you want a shot on it though. Like you, I just wanted a wee bit more comfort (I blame my age). Just about to buy one of these for it too……

We need to arrange a wee testing session then?

Northwind

You should charge admission! That’d be great, thanks for that. Maybe if the wednesday rides restart (or are they still going and I’ve just missed them all?)

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I got a 16 mmBop. I sense a beer trade for a test ride!

The mmmBop kills my ass after a maybe 4 hours! Othwise it’s a keeper.

druidh
    Free Member

Nah – we’ve been merciful to the Pentland tracks. I think there is a plan afoot to start up again on 23rd – with the Hervelos. I’ll see if I can come up with another (daylight) option over the next couple of weeks.

Northwind

I thought maybe they’d all been hidden behind incomprehensible thread titles :mrgreen:

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ragley Blue Pig geometry’ is closed to new replies.