Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ragley Blue Pig Build, which forks 130-150mm?
  • b6mfd
    Free Member

Hi guys im currently building a mk2 blue pig and i am looking for an appropriate fork.
    Iv set myself a limit of £350 and cant go over this due to other financial commitments.

Ragley recommend 130-150mm for the pig, and i was using some TORA 302 u-turns (130 max, but tended to sag) on my mk1 but i didnt get on very well with these so im hoping i should see some big benefits in upgrading the forks.

I am using standard qr at the moment but have some hope hoops which i assume can be converted fairly easily to 15mm (i think the bits came with them).

I have been doing a bit of looking around and there are so many choices out there 🙁

One fork which has caught my eye is the DT swiss EXM 130.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Hingy
    Free Member

Rock Shox Revelation Great fork, great price.

karnali
    Free Member

i’ve got a pair of sektor rl coil u turn 110-150 that i am looking to sell

b6mfd
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer, but think im going to stick to getting something new and just after suggestions really.

honourablegeorge

£350 will get you Revelations from Merlin with change.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Got the Revelation RLT Ti for an Mmmbop build and they are fantastic. Think I paid around 400 for them thanks to one of the CRC offers.

Don’t know how much difference the black box stuff really makes, but general opinion on the forum is that if you can stretch to it then it’s worth the extra cash, and I’m not disappointed with mine.

Also get a maxel if you can. Hope front hubs are dead easy to covert.

b6mfd
    Free Member

mrblobby, whats the black box?

snakebite
    Free Member

its a tracker, tells you where you’ve been etc, very useful 😉

Stevo210
    Free Member

Any more suggestions, Im quite interested in this too.

honourablegeorge

2012 ones don;t have Blackbox, they all come with “Motion Control DNA” and “Dual Flow Rebound”.

b6mfd
    Free Member

any other suggestions guys? Revs seem to be the favourite

scruff
    Free Member

2nd hand lyrics U-turns, Mission control is way better than standard Motion control IME.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ragley Blue Pig Build, which forks 130-150mm?’ is closed to new replies.