Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 136 total)
  • RAGLEY BIKES '' The Real Troof ''
  • ragleyrider
    Free Member

It seems Hotlines are covering up alot of problems with the new 2011 model Ragley frames!!!
    Spoke to Freeflow bikes up in Scotland yesterday to make sure my Troof frame was still due into the shops on the 25th March ( 3rd delay ) they spoke to Hotlines as a trader and Hotlines has told them there is yet again more QC problems! 1st of all these frames were welded together wrong due to the jig not being set up correctly at the frame shop in Tiawan, then the paint finish was rubbish and got rejected and now there is further QC problems and ALL the 2011 frames wont be arriving untill MAY, now will that be May of this year or 2012!!!???
    But when i speek to Hotlines they are still telling me they are due in this month and there is NO problems with QC!
    Ragley advertise there frame to be made in the very best Tiawanese frame shops!!! YEH RIGHT sounds like it, obviously they arnt so who knows were these frames are actually made? some 10 year olds bedroom.
    So as you can guess i have cancelled my order and got myself a cotic.
    I would suggest other people do the same if they are wanting a bike this year.

ojom
    Free Member

What?

You do realise things don’t always go to plan in life don’t you?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Get in touch with the Daily Mail or a similar tabloid. They’ll love what you’ve done with that title: RAGLEY BIKES ” The Real Troof ”

Its worthy of a wider audience

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I’m not sure what you are actually whining about. Sounds to me like they have great QC. Some bike builders would have sent those frames out and wing it.

Mistakes happen, especially with new tooling and jigs. I’ve seen plenty of wonky boutique frames.

Call the Daily Wail!

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Do you want one that’s been welded incorrectly and has a rubbish paint finish?

jimbothejetset
    Free Member

Might wanna change your username then.. 😀

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

You could buy a last years model, or wait ?

Its only a bike

ragleyrider
    Free Member

Its the fact that us customers arnt being told the truth!! that annoys me
    They didnt make the Troof last year, so how do you plan i do that?
    What wait for another delay after May, nah.

Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

Buy a Genesis….

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

And when Hotlines say there isn’t a problem with QC they are correct. It would appear to be working great.

rewski
    Free Member

ChunkyMTB – totally agree, frustrating but at least quality is being maintained. Patience.

ragleyrider – Will you be changing your name? I think Coticrider is already being used.

ragleyrider
    Free Member

I like the Genesis, my local bike shop are selling the full XT built Ti ones 2010 for £1,600
    Its a hrd core hardatil im looking for really

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

What sort of noob rides a hardtail with 160mm forks anyway?

Sounds like your better off with a cotic

ragleyrider
    Free Member

rewski, good point mate i may be ‘coticidiot’

ragleyrider
    Free Member

I had the 140mm bluepig and it wasnt enough suspension to be honest, i need a REAL hardcore build, FS are boring now need alittle more danger and fun in my life

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Get a pet lion.

wwaswas

I’m sure Freeflow bikes will be delighted with you dobbing them in…

rewski
    Free Member

cove stiffee?

ragleyrider
    Free Member

I aint dobbed Freeflow in,they are only passing on information thats given to them, its Hotlines that arnt telling us whats happening, why today would Hotlines tell me that they are still due in this month and everything is fine? When clearly it is not fine.

trout
    Free Member

I had the 140mm bluepig and it wasnt enough suspension to be honest, i need a REAL hardcore build, FS are boring now need alittle more danger and fun in my life

surly then get a real bitch of a full rigid and ride that

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

“I had the 140mm bluepig and it wasnt enough suspension to be honest, i need a REAL hardcore build, FS are boring now need alittle more danger and fun in my life”

Eh, So FS is so yesterday but 140mm isnt enough travel??

Are you trolling or am I just not HARDCORE enough?

wwaswas

[irritating film director voice]

Calm down dear, it’s only a bicycle frame.

[/irritating film director voice]

Can’t see why you felt the need to post the thread twice, tbh.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

You’re not reading enough bike mags FunkyDunc

crispedwheel
    Free Member

*swoons*

woody2000

ragleyrider = cy cotic having a really bad day 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I find this excellent considering every Ragley related thread over the last few weeks has had you pop up and crack one off all over it.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

From someone who finds a 6lb frame a tad too heavy for them, you can’t be that hardcore.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

ragleyrider
    Free Member

DaveyBoyWonder, yeh pal i did, but people only have so much patience. I sold 2 bikes to fund this mega build so i have no bike now, theres people on the Nukeproof forums kicking off about there frames too as you guessed coming from the same place.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I’m struggling to understand how a HT = more danger?

yunki
    Free Member

EDIT: video removed

this video joke is pointless in the light of the OPs post rant editing

🙁

ragleyrider
    Free Member

6Lb isnt heavy for a frame if all i want to do is ride of cliffs, but when you need to get to the top of the hills in Calderdale before each decent it was a tad heavy, fine in Les gets and Morzine were they do it right and have chairlifts.

sv

You do know Ragley is Brants and this is STW – yes?

ragleyrider
    Free Member

Sv yes of course i do my riding buddy knows his wife and i have had contact with Brant via E-mail for info and updates, i live just down the road from him so see him around alot

brant
    Free Member

OK…

1) Sorry.
    2) I’d rather they were late and right, than early and wrong.
    3) I remember one frame with a disc tab in the wrong place but that was a failed one, that… oh… the disc tabs are in the right place. As that’s a qc fail if they’re not.
    4) powder coat (not paint!) on some frames was shonky, so we got them repainted.
    5) powder coat came late.
    6) tubing had issues as we have ludicrously complicated tubing this year.
    7) Communications from our agents could have been better.
    8) Communications from us to Hotlines could have been better.
    9) Piglets and Blue Pig X Swopout frames will be first to land.
    10) Cotic, Cotic BFe’s and Cy at Cotic are very lovely.

Thank you for your feedback, and this, along with the points above will be used in the future to avoid such issues. I’d far rather the frames were here, but don’t want them here until I know they’re right. We’re not looking to revise the Ragley hardtails until September 2012, at the earliest. And will seek to sort them so they land in a timely manner.

ps: Nukeproof Mega’s and Scalps are made at a totally different factory, in a different town, with a different team managing that. Entirely unrelated. Completely.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

He’s going to batter you to death and bury your remains on the moors when he reads this. This is SingletrackRagleyOn-OneCoticWorld.co.uk you know!

brant
    Free Member

my riding buddy knows his wife

my wife is fascinated to know who this is.

update :: Is it John? I met him in Gordon Rigg’s once.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

11) I’m coming to get you

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

oh dear, the Calderdale “I saw Brant/Chipps/Ed etc out riding once and now they’re my friends” stalkers are out again

wwaswas

my riding buddy knows his wife

= was behind her in the queue at Morrisons once.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘RAGLEY BIKES '' The Real Troof ''’ is closed to new replies.