• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • RadR Cage Mini Review
  • domderbyshire
    Free Member

I fitted the RadR cage a few days ago, but only got the chance to test it tonight. I ventured over to Swinley after dark with a buddy. Having set things up on the stand, I was prepared for some fettling, but this was not necessary. The shifting was precise and quiet, both up and down the range. Things seemed quieter when on the range extender cog and the overall shifting is certainly better than the stock Zee mech I was using. While this wasn’t bad, the shortness of the cage seemed to make the setup begin to struggle in the lowest couple of gears. Now that is not the case(the RadR cage is slightly longer than the Zee cage it replaced, but still shorter than a Shimano GS cage), yet the cage is short enough to tuck away nicely. I suspect that little extra length helps. Also, the setup is far less fussy with the B screw adjustment.

All in all, I am very pleased and would recommend this product. One Up were a pleasure to deal with: their customer service and communication was excellent.

My setup is:

1X10 comprising

XT triple chainring with Raceface NW 32T ring
    XT chain
    Saint shifter
    XT 11-36 cassette plus Hope 40T Cog and XT 16T cog
    Zee FR mech with RadR cage and Hope jockey wheels

All on a carbon Giant Trance X

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘RadR Cage Mini Review’ is closed to new replies.