Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Radcliffe and Maconie getting shunted off radio 2
  • MSP
    stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Thought this was coming when they were knocked down to 3 nights a week. Probably great for 6 Music but means I’ll have to listen to them on the iplayer.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Jo Whiley is horrible. And I can’t listen to Radio 6 in the car.
    Definitely a step in the wrong direction IMO.

Stu

Rubbish!

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

They are head and shoulders the best thing on Radio2 … hopefully they are back to 4 nights a week

LoCo
    Free Member

Good news 6 music is the only radio station on in the workshop or last FM. 😀 Or Radio 4 if I’m feeling ‘highbrow’

ArcticBeast
    Free Member

stevenmenmuir – Member

Thought this was coming when they were knocked down to 3 nights a week. Probably great for 6 Music but means I’ll have to listen to them on the iplayer.

Not for much longer you wont be.

http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2011/01/bbc-guts-website-iplayer-to-lose-radio

sweepy
    Free Member

I wonder what will happen to Lards 6music show?

IanMunro
    Free Member

That might be a good thing. If they’re making a standalone version for radio, maybe they’ll start using a standard internet radio protocol so that many more devices can access it.
    Might be wishful thinking though..

kevin1911

Oh YES!!!! The current early afternoon show on 6Music is rubbish – the presenter is as thick as mince, so this will mean I can now listen all day right up to when lamacq takes over without getting annoyed.

Always loved listening to Radcliffe; remember lying awake in bed as a teenager listening to him, then John Peel.

All we need now is for Steve Lamacq to do one and I’ll be a very happy chappy. I thought I was a muso geek, but Lamacq takes it to a whole new level 😉

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I wonder what will happen to Lards 6music show?

They are taking over from Nemone’s slot – 1 til 4 in the afternoon so i’d guess nothing which is all good. Glad Nemone is getting moved as her show is very painful listen. IMO of course. 😉

Wozza
    Free Member

Gutted, Radcliffe and Maconie are great and Whiley is awful! Can you get 6 music on tunein Radio for the iPhone?

Edit… Yes you can. Sorted.

tonyg2003

My favourite iplayer listening. I love Radcliffe and Maconie when I’m working from the home office.

I’d be very happy if they move to 6M in the afternoons then I won’t have to listen to “Mr Annoying” aka Richard Bacon on 5Live. Has there ever been a worse interviewer than him? Arguing no matter what the person says is no great interviewing.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I always thought Mark & Lard were so bad, I actualy listened to the ‘local’ comercial radio instead!

Merak

thisisnotaspoon – Member

I always thought Mark & Lard were so bad, I actualy listened to the ‘local’ comercial radio instead!

For real? Comedy gold, your not getting there my friend. Absolutely class. 8)

Rorschach
    Free Member

Yeaaa…..no more Nemone and if Laurel Laverne does’nt bother coming back (Huey-stay claasy yaaal)worktime listening will be perfect!!!

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

For fear of starting another Mark and lard thread ….they were amazing.

“On the line we have britney spears”

“……….ellloooooo Maaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrk”

CountZero

Troll. They were far funnier than any so-called ‘comic’ doing the rounds today. I used to listen to them while visiting clients in the car, and more than once I had to pull off the road because I was laughing so much I couldn’t see the road through the tears. Brilliant radio. While I don’t mind Nemone, she’s not a patch on LaLa, and Radcliffe and Macone coming straight afterwards will be excellent. Well, when I can listen to the radio it will be.

sslowpace
    Free Member

“Time for a quick catchprase?”

“Maybe a half…”

“Stop!……………………………….”

🙁

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Radcliffe and Maconie getting shunted off radio 2’ is closed to new replies.