Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Racing Ralph's 2.25 on Mavic 717 Tubeless?
  • luckyd75
    Free Member

Just got a pair of Mavic 717’s and was planning to get some of the 2.25 Racing Ralph’s from On-One, however, Mavic say that the 717’s only take a tyre up to 2.1. I was planning to run these tubeless. the only thing is I’m a bit concerned they will roll off on corners?

Would I be better getting the 2.1’s or even better getting the Tubeless Ready Ralph’s? However, would these fit on the 717’s?

Any experience of any of these would really help.

Cheers.

Northwind

It’s only their website that says up to 2.1, the rim says up to 2.3. I ran 2.35s on mine and never any bother. Though that was in tubes- I never got on with ghetto tubeless at all, just replaced punctures with burps really and I know which one I prefer.

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

They will be fine, from my experience of running 2.2 and above tyres of 717’s they won’t roll off (although all tubed tyres). So think you would be safe enough, what I would say is that they can flop about a bit, ran a 2.2 conti race king on the rear although most of the time fine you could really feel it wander and squirm in some corners, esp if you sitting down and running low pressures. Although the RK 2.2’s are a wee bit bigger than a 2.25 s schwalbe. Had less of an issue with big tyres on the front.
    2.1 will feel more ‘normal’ although you will loose the big tyre advantage.

Wally

I run NN, RR and RRon all 2.25 Ghetto tubeless on 717’s Not died yet.

Nick

I’ve run 2.25 NN on 717s before, found you need to run them fairly firm or they squirm about a bit especially on off-camber stuff, 40psi minimum.

oxym0r0n

2.25 NN, 2.3 Razer on the front of my 717s – no problems so far, but not running tubeless…

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

I have the same tyres on the same rims, touch wood, no problems yet! (although I still run quite high pressures so that might help!)

luckyd75
    Free Member

Great, thanks. It sounds like the 2.25’s will run fine on the 717’s, however, does anyone have an experience of running the new Tubeless Ready Ralph’s on these? The main question is will it fit on?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Racing Ralph's 2.25 on Mavic 717 Tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.