Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Racing Ralph help!
  • kilf
    Free Member

Please help I know nothing about mountain bike tech. I rang my local bike shop and asked him what cheap tyres he had in for my old Kona Pahoehoe (same tyres since 1998 lol) he said he had some 2.25mm Racing Ralphs for £30 for the pair. I took them he said they were the same as the folding ones but not quite as light. But I cant find any non folding ones on the net…did I get a good deal?
    Also I used to run the Kona break and enter tyres 1.98mm at 55 psi as im 16 stone and mostly used to stick to the Cannock Chase leisure trails. Ive done the follow the dog twice now once with old tyres and once with new old tyres felt fine new tyres (ralphs) with 50psi felt not very safe (grippy) can I lower the PSI at my weight? (it was wetter when I first tried the ralphs Today)

timmys

55 psi is very high, but then who knows what would be appropriate in a 2.25mm tyre 😯

I’ve no idea what pressure my tyres are, I know I pump them to about 40 and then let lots of air out till they feel about right, high 20’s maybe? That’s tubeless though.

kilf
    Free Member

hmm yeah sorry 2.25 inch?

somouk
    Free Member

The ralphs on the chase at the moment will be very skittish. My nobby nic was all over the shop yesterday.

Lower the pressure to around 40 PSI on them and see how you get on.

kilf
    Free Member

Cheers mate

Do you think tyres were a good buy?

somouk
    Free Member

Yeah, I paid £21 for one ralph last week from on-one.

Odds on the ones you have are last years design and not the newer tripple compound rubber but it will make very little difference.

So long as there is rubber between the rim and the floor!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Racing Ralph help!’ is closed to new replies.