Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Racing Post – 'cross Edition
  • Surfr
    Free Member

Where’d everyone off to race this weekend then?

I’ll be returning to the South Wales league for race #3 and my 2nd of the season at Penperlleni, Pontypool.

aP
    Free Member

Cxl3.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

Organizing and possibly riding London League at Herne Hill

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Rorschach
    Free Member

Northwest league,boggart hole manchester…with a stinking cold.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Notts and Derby, Alfreton Park. see if there’s the 180+ field of 2 weeks ago!

njee20
    Free Member

What is this ‘cross’ of which you speak? I’m doing a proper MTB race! Gorrick at Surrey Hill, should be a laugh, forecast looks good.

LS
    Free Member

Getting my arse kicked by Blazin-Saddles (again) at Alfreton 😆

ourmaninthenorth

Northwest league,boggart hole manchester…with a stinking cold

My lot are organising. I shan’t be there (baby) but will make sure they shout hard at anyone looking a bit “peaky”.

Hup hup hup..!

taxi25
    Free Member

I’ll be returning to the South Wales league for race #3 and my 2nd of the season at Penperlleni, Pontypool.

I’ll be there as well. If you fancy a cuppa look out for a yellow vw t4 camper van.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

cross races are much better than these newfangled MTB races 😆

MikeWW
    Free Member

4th round of West Midlands at Solihull-will be helping my 2 lads out there as I’m still injured

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

5th or 6th round of the Western League at Hengrove Park, Brizzle.

Pan-flat course + bone-dry conditions = flat-out racing 😐

Coleman
    Free Member

Another one here for Notts/Derby league round three at Alfreton Park.
    Good luck to all racing.

colnagokid

Ntcracker mountainbike race at Hamsterley Forest for me

dobo
    Free Member

gorrick mtb for me too, but the following week i think i might give the wessex reading cross a go on my mtb or is this just a silly idea…reading any good?

Rorschach
    Free Member

“will make sure they shout hard at anyone looking a bit “peaky”.
    Thats everyone if peaky is looking like you are going to throw up at any second!
    In two minds whether to race at all-missed the first 2 (racing crc ruthin),spat a lung at rd3 (to be expected at 1st race) which only leaves one more discard for the season!!And I always spit the dummy at least once.Will racing ill seriously effect my full recovery for the later races?Or should I just ‘rule 5’?

simondbarnes

Rorschach – Member
    Northwest league,boggart hole manchester…with a stinking cold.

Me too! Missed last week’s race, could barely get out of bed for 3 days. Feeling a bit better now, not great though. Still, Rule 5 so I’ll be there.

simondbarnes

What a great race course. Surely the best in the NW? Really good mix of descents, climbs, singletrack, muddy bits, run ups, tarmac… We had sun as well 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

Horrible reading about you lot racing each week.
    I’ve had the all clear, so I hope to turn out next weekend.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

I raced BHClough, agree with SdB, one of the best course ive ridden for a long time, i crashed, got run over, then got smashed into, had to have a couple of mins out, then got back on, felt ill after the smash, spewed, got back on, finished, loved it! cant wait for next week! as Nick Craig lapped me, he said” jump on Trev” i tried, smashed myself, hit a section flat out, thinking how the hell does he do this, follwed him, made it stick. Learnt so much in that one minute. Mr Craig is a legend!

Surfr
    Free Member

Good race at Ty Mawr farm down in Penperlleni today. A much more simple course than the technical Crickhowell a few weeks previous, but good to see more overtaking opportunities and a bit of an ascent to deal with from one end of the course to the other. No idea how I placed but my general effort was at max for the duration and I was picking riders off one by one. Only noticed Lee Williams (Wiggle) lap me the once, but maybe he snuck past a second time, results will be out by Tuesday I guess.

182BPM average, 191 Max

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/53336542

simondbarnes

i crashed, got run over, then got smashed into, had to have a couple of mins out, then got back on, felt ill after the smash, spewed, got back on

Ah, that’s why I nearly caught you at one point!

Nick Craig lapped me, he said” jump on Trev” i tried, smashed myself, hit a section flat out, thinking how the hell does he do this, follwed him, made it stick.

And maybe that’s why I didn’t see you again 🙂

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

Ha Ha, you looked strong mate! i made it stick for a minute, but was lapping alot faster after his little “skills” session………..you going next week?

scratch
    Free Member

What were you riding Surfr? I was on a black crosscheck, really liked the course, stunning day for it, made a nice change from the mud bath of Risca.

Shame I car’t make next weeks, first year I’ve done cross, loving it!

scratch
    Free Member

What were you riding Surfr? I was on a black Crosscheck, really liked the course, cracking day for it too. Made a change to the mudbath that was Ricsa.

Shame I can’t make next week, first year I’ve done ‘cross, loving it!

Surfr
    Free Member

I was on a blue Jake the Snake. Looking just like this photo of me at Crickhowell:

I didn’t get to Risca and I’m not sure whether I’ll make Carmarthen Park next week as I’m at a wedding on Saturday. But the wedding is just down the road so I’ll throw the bike in the car just incase I’m not absolutely hanging. I did Crickhowell on 8 pints the night before but this is likely to be double that!

As for the course, it was nice and fast and I loved throwing it down the hill and into the left handers at full pelt. Often made places up there. Also the start wasn’t jammed up at the first corner so much on this course so the field naturally spread without riders getting caught in bottle-necks. Weather was perfect and views were awesome. Plenty of friendly banter and courteous riders. Great day all in all. Looking for photos if you know of any?

scratch
    Free Member

Where there many Ystwyth riders there? If not you may have been just in fron of me at the back of the grid. Yeah liked those turns on the descent, nice climb to grind up to!

Surfr
    Free Member

I was the only Ystwyth rider wearing a jersey. There was one other there, Gareth Payne who was riding a black TCX in a black jersey, so you must have sen me 🙂 Found any photos of the event at all? I’ve tried trawling the various clubs’ facebook pages and flickr with no joy.

Surfr
    Free Member

Did you have pink bar tape on the Surly? I recall some banter on the first lap about pink bar tape!

plop_pants
    Free Member

@Leggyblonde.

How did you cope with the 150 riders at Herne hill today. Bonkers!

scratch
    Free Member
    Surfr
    Free Member

Nice find scratch. I seem to have dodged the lens on that set though 🙁

leggyblonde
    Free Member

I only coped with a fantastic team of helpers!

The course wasn’t small but perfect conditions meant it was very fast so the leaders did 11 laps. nice vid:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQtBDUyG05w&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Surfr
    Free Member

Results are out. I managed to better my previous race and came in 49th out of 71 starters! Plenty of room for improvement yet then 🙂

http://new.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/752/Getting-Cross-At-Ty-MawrWelsh-League-3

simondbarnes

Manchester Trev – Member
    Ha Ha, you looked strong mate! i made it stick for a minute, but was lapping alot faster after his little “skills” session………..you going next week?

Yup, see you next Sunday 🙂

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Racing Post – 'cross Edition’ is closed to new replies.