• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by will.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Racing Lee Valley road circuit?
  • Sam

Thinking of entering the crit race there this Saturday, anyone raced the circuit? What’s it like?

brakes
    Free Member

I’ve done training there and TTs but not raced it myself – although I will do in the new year. I like it as a circuit.
    People in our club regularly race there – it’s a technical circuit but no hills so breakaways rarely stick.
    It has a bit or a crashy reputation, but that’s mainly due to the volume of people on the course which probably won’t be so bad this time of year.
    Good luck!

will
    Free Member

Fast & narrow and if big groups then very difficult to move up. Bottom hairpin is a bit of a crash fest due to pedal strikes. Have fun. 😉

Sam

Sounds good, thanks for the feedback. More crashes than Hillingdon? Noticed that it’s a C+ race so hoping to accumulate a few more points before the end of the year 🙂

TiRed

It has been a crashfest, unfortunately, due to the numbers of riders out looking to bag points at the end of the season, 3/4 races are really for 3rd cats seeking 2nd cat licenses at this time of year 😉

Much prefer Cyclopark and Redbridge.

tang
    Free Member

when we hosted bespoked there a couple of year ago i had to put cardboard sheets under every vehicle unloading and waiting (access to the delivery tunnel gained only via road track), loads of builders turning up in shonky overloaded vans had the staff sweating. I think we got away with it…everyone was great except one very well know builder who decided to block the entrance as his mrs did all the unloading of the stand heavy stuff and carted it by trolly to the show floor while he spent an age by the van carefully assembling bikes and polishing them! I had to give him an earful, the brief was unload quick and piss off as there is a massive queue of people. He didn’t want to have to carry all 9 cardboard bike boxes to his van later.
    Anyway…track was fun to ride, I wouldn’t want to race it in a cat4 race mind.

Sam

Yeah, it’s the 3/4 race, think I’m on 29 points at the moment so might just make it with a couple of good results. Anyhow I am entered so we shall see. Forecast is now looking pretty horrible….

bikebouy
    Free Member

The small climb back up is where a lot of my mates make up time, on the inside at the apex then force yourself over to the right as it opens out to the steps..

I personally don’t like it much, seems to take an age to get round it and I don’t know why either 😕

will
    Free Member

How’d you get on?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Racing Lee Valley road circuit?’ is closed to new replies.