Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Racing in the Midlands over winter?
  • schmiken

I moved up to Melton Mowbray a few weeks ago and despite looking at XCRacer and the BC listings I can’t find any local racing over the winter. Is it a case of travelling back down to Thetford or the Gorricks?

schmiken

Bump?

DaveBro
    Free Member

Hello – lots of CX, but for XC not allot in the midlands – so you are going to have to travel a little! therfore close = welsh xc, which from memory started feb, the thetford mtb 2 and 4 hour races are nov to feb i think, there are some ‘marathon’ / enduro events: kona oktober fest in bristol etc….

Hope this helps.

schmiken

Thanks dude, where’s the local cx?

andrewh
    Free Member

Try the Lincs League (first race clashes with Natinal XC at Plymouth) or the Notts & Derby (you’ve missed the first round)
    Just stick it into google.

nomakoman
    Free Member

Some good courses in lincs league this year….im doing first one at ancaster karting on my mtb!

rOcKeTdOg

Theres a midlands cx league, check out the british cycling website

andrewh
    Free Member

I was going to do likewise Noma, but it clashes with the BMBS at Plymouth.
    I’ll be at Cranwell though, come and say hello (I’ll be the one with the rigid carbon Pronghorn and no top speed!)

nomakoman
    Free Member

Is there one at cranwell this year? Its not on the calendar?? I shall be doing the first one, the alford one at sputh ormsby and hopefully the boston whlrs at ostlers, cant get back for many more and im doin the mucoff 8 on same weekend as hubbards hills….i shall keep a look out for ya, ill be the one in cherry valleey gear going a lot slower than i should!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Racing in the Midlands over winter?’ is closed to new replies.