Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • Racing goals for 2015
  • mtbcoach
    Free Member

1) An MTB stage race abroad somewhere – probably mainland europe. Recommendations very welcome.

2) Have less mechanicals. Stupid things like spokes coming lose destroyed a couple races last year.

3) Do a “gravel grinder”. I don’t really know what they are, and the best way to find out is probably to enter one. Again, recommendations welcome!

Rorschach
    Free Member

I have officially retired.
    I far exceeded all my expectations for racing last year so
    Im quitting whilst Im ahead instead of the pressure of bettering my previous results.Also
    I miss riding for sh1ts and giggles and eating cheese sandwiches.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Sub 20 10.

mtbcoach
    Free Member

Im quitting whilst Im ahead instead of the pressure of bettering my previous results.Also
    I miss riding for sh1ts and giggles and eating cheese sandwiches.

I know that feeling. That’s why I thought doing a gravel grinder might be fun. No expectations and no pressure, as far as I can tell.

sandwicheater

To do one.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

1. Return to IronBike before I am too old – this was also 2014’s unfulfilled goal. (I can certainly recommend it as a very tough, crazy Italian stage race!)

2. Get a coach to help me make sure I peak in July, rather than in February as I accidentally did last year.

3. Everything else doesn’t really matter, just enjoy the rest of my races and try not to get injured.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Having done nothing last year other than a few club TT due to baby no 2 arriving in Feb, now want to do everything in 2015! Southern XC series, some longer XC events, more Open TT, more road racing, some cross later in the year. Need to make a decision pretty quickly 😕

Northwind

My main challenge is to manage to get an entry to one or both of the Ireland and Scotland EWS rounds. In terms of results, any race I walk away from is a good one 😆

Mainly I just want less injuries to be honest- I only had one race last year that I wasn’t carrying an injury and I was never really on form fitness wise all year, which was a downer. I don’t mind being an also-ran but I do want to put my best foot forward without limping…

endurokid
    Free Member

To get a podium spot again.

Managed a 3rd spot at the PMBA Enduro at Lee Quarry late last year, so I would like to better that if I can, or at least equal it.

Also, as sbove really, no mechanicals / offs.

I’d like to have more fun with my mates and I’ve got quite a few weekends booked racing Enduro so 2015 should be a good year.

TiRed

1) Road: 2nd cat licence and a top 10 finish at the Nationals in my age class
    2) Track: Stay upright at the Masters Nationals
    3) TT: Ride a 100 to a competitive time
    4) MTB: Mince around to a top third position, maybe even top 10, on my singlespeed
    5) Cross: As above

enjoy the rest of my races and try not to get injured.

And this!

schmiken

I’d like to win the Expert cat in the Midlands Series again and race ride my bike really fast at SSUK15.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Top 3 in the UKGE Series overall, so that I can move up to Elite.

everyone
    Free Member

Not get lapped by Schmiken at SSUK15!

njee20
    Free Member

Not be shit.

I will likely fail this!

oliverracing

-Get a car so I can actually get to some races
    -To beat everone at SSUK2015 ( the STW forum user although beating everyone/winning would be nice!)
    -Get to at least 3 round of the midland XC series and as many of the FNS as possible
    -race a 6 hour plus race

If I’m in the area at the time do the Eiger bike race, although my new job starts the day after it, 800 miles away from it so I severely doubt that will happen!

mikertroid
    Free Member

I’d like to come in the top 10 in the MM24 Solo cat this year. 30th in 2014. Will be quite an achievement for me if I make it! Also I’ll look to raise lots of wonga for either the Dementia Trust or Alzheimers Society.

Maybe have a bash at an Enduro race to see what the fuss is about!

mtbcoach
    Free Member

Not be shit.

I will likely fail this!

Sounds like an objective goal!

njee20
    Free Member

Sounds like an objective goal!

Yes, I ought to mark it SMART really.

I make an effort to make an annual trip to a podium, managed it every year I’ve raced I think (which is now 15), although for too many of those years it’s been in team events thanks to faster friends. Still… I’ll aim for a podium finish, somewhere, sometime.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

1. Do a race without getting injured
    2. Do a night race
    3. Do a UKGE event

Would love to add EWS Tweedlove to that but I think that will have to wait until next year.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Did have lots planned for this year, namely :
    Ard Rock enduro
    Doing all the pmba Gravity enduro rounds again. Finished 5th overall in vets last year even though I made some mistakes ( crashed/got held up badly at some rounds) which cost me dearly.
    On the road I want to better my Fred Whitton time (did it in 6hr 45min last year, aiming for less than 6:30 in May) I know it’s not a race per se but there’s no harm in bettering yourself I recon.
    Also fancy having a dabble at some TT’s as well.
    Only problem is due to me having a seizure in November means I can’t drive for twelve months so it’s kinda put a kibosh on things 😐 My OH has said she’d drive me to some of the events as well as a couple of kind hearted fellow stw forum members so it’s not all bad, at least I’ll get to do some of them. 🙂

nickc

Just me that thought this said racing goats for 2015

molgrips
    Free Member

Tempted to try an Enduro at some point.

crosshair
    Free Member

Due to an Admin error on the night, I managed to get onto the podium at the XCRampage series this year 😀 Appologies to the bloke who genuinely deserved it although I found out he did eventually get his trophy 😀

So this year- I’d quite like to podium something for real. Not fussed what to be honest.

In my proper plan, I’m targeting a top ten Spring Gorrick finish and top five by Autumn.

Might have to start a different thread on a similar theme…..

dirtyrider
    Free Member

No goals, going to dip my toe in though, road and mtb

Dalby Nutcracker and BC Rd1 at Sherwood being the first dips I think

jonba
    Free Member

Try and get to as many road races as possible. Once I’m at the race, finish near the front = get more than 13 points that I got in 2014.

Try and race on the mountain bike. I’ll be going back to the national mtb marathon after a few years off.

Retain at least one of my club trophies (got a clean sweep this year – TT, Race and Hill climb).

Hit the hill climb season at a sensible weight (<75kg) and try and get more prizes/podiums (I’m not going to win one).

Race more CX as it is awesome.

Pwn Strava.

mtbcoach
    Free Member

Just me that thought this said racing goats for 2015

I’ve heard 650b goats are going to make the racing come alive this year…

dirtyrider
    Free Member

sooooo, which category do i need to be registering in for BC Rd1? (I’m 34)

Rorschach
    Free Member

Masters or sport (masters being quicker and longer.And on sunday).

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Masters has gone now

njee20
    Free Member

Sport had always been on Sunday too, moved last year, not sure that’ll stick with masters going.

So yes, it’s now open, sport or expert. Dunno how they’re doing licences for expert though.

benji
    Free Member

Get another podium at an endurance event and at least one national rank point in cross. Managed both last year, so same again would be great.

bikerbruce
    Free Member

Win Mayhem-Mine as part of Gee’s team this year we missed out by about 20 seconds.Bitterly annoying that.
    1st cat on the road
    win an Xc race -Expert will be harder now but I’ve got a lot faster.
    Battle on the Beach
    Finish my cross season on a high- I’m off to belgium on thursday to race the remaining UCI races of the year (try and spot me on TV)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

1st goal achieved, a brutal 40km XC race, beat last years time and was up on nearly every segment on Strava so happy with that.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Not get pneumonia in April (or any time of the year) again.

Top 50 at the Dyfi, assuming it get a place later today.

Top 20 solo at MM, managed 40th in ’14 at my first crack at solo.

Do the full MMWM XC series and be vaguely competitive (holidays permitting).

Get a CX bike and race NWCX this coming winter

rp16v
    Free Member

Race full summer and winter CX races in western league

Bike and octoberfest

Hopefully enter some sothern xc races

I’d like to do my first road event if possible

dirtyrider
    Free Member

So yes, it’s now open, sport or expert. Dunno how they’re doing licences for expert though.

list of Races seems to suggest, Fun, Open and Sport + Women all have the same start times, on the Saturday

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/r2somk]Finishing the cranky penguin (photo Catherine von Samorzewski with instagram filters)[/url] by Mike Smith 79, on Flickr
    Finishing my first goal of the year 🙂 Next time I’ll try and smile

GrumpyDave
    Free Member

To enter one, finish and not be last. Top 50% would be nice.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

To race 60 minutes not 40 in CX, and be competitive.

njee20
    Free Member

Races seems to suggest, Fun, Open and Sport + Women all have the same start times, on the Saturday

Most Women are Sunday morning…? But yes, fun, open, sport on Saturday. That’ll be unpopular.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Racing goals for 2015’ is closed to new replies.