Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Raceface sixc crank which middle ring guys
  • radrob
    Free Member

My mates running the above crankset 10sp double 36 & 24. He’s gone thru the 36 turbine ring pretty quick. Is there anymore that will fit and last alot longer guys

radrob
    Free Member

Forgot to say bcd is 104 and it’s got a bash on

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Running the exact same setup myself and the 36t looks quite worn already after only a couple of months.

Quite disappointed as I’m murder for keeping the drivetrain spotless/lubed and it just hasn’t lasted.

My XT rings lasted nearly 2 years. All the recent/decent rings seem to be aimed at single setups.

radrob
    Free Member

It’s the second turbine ring he’s gone thru pretty damn quick doing his head in. He said shimano rings don’t fit so I thought id put the question on here to see what’s available

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Not tried but shimano xt is 104 so should fit?

Mine are the later sixc with removable granny tabs so not sure if he has the earlier ones and they differ?

radrob
    Free Member

I spoke to him earlier and he said the shimano ones don’t fit so ur probably right blue about his beeing the earlier ones.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Saying that they should still be 104? Think the removable tab is just for extra clearance for chain devices etc?

radrob
    Free Member

Ah nice one bluearsedfly I will mention it to him today. He’d be happy if he can get a 36 xt or even slx ring on

Doh1Nut

He could try a Renthal ring. They are plain teeth, without gear change cutouts or thick/thin. I am using them on a 2*9 and 3*9 and they are fine. I dont expect to change between chainrings while under power so have not really found them worse changing gear.

Although if the 10speed chain is a little narrower it might hold onto the chainring a little more which would not help changing gear.

radrob
    Free Member

I will mention that to him doh thanks

hatter

Middleburn Hardcote

Come with shifting ramps and tough as old boots, seems like the best of both worlds if you can’t fit Shimano rings.

A hard anodized single ring like Gamut or Renthal would be tough but they aren’t designed for multi ring use and your shifting will suffer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Raceface sixc crank which middle ring guys’ is closed to new replies.