Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Raceface Next vs Sixc carbon bars?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

Has anyone ridden both? If so… How do they compared? Is the Sixc any harsher for the extra wrap of carbon on the stem mount?

Cheers

Ricks

bikeneil
    Free Member

Not ridden Nexts but my 785mm SixC’s are fab. Way more comfortable than the alooy Renthals they replaced.

warns74
    Free Member

As always, personal preference, but I bought some SIXC 785 and they made my hands ache on every ride, something which I have never experienced before. Lasted three rides before I went back to nukeproof ones. Just preferred the sweep and rise of the NP.

You never know these things until you try them!

mboy
    Free Member

Next a bit narrow no at 725?

SIXC are awesome bars, will be fitting these on my Evil V soon.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Answer pro taper sl is a superb bar, as light as they get, full width, knurled surface at grip points and comfy shape. I like

rickon
    Free Member

Next 35 are now 760, Sixc are a full 800.

Would cut down to 780 though.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I have both and can’t notice any difference. The next are on my anthem and I have six-c on my trance, chameleon and nomad. The anthem is for xc and the chameleon, trance and nomad are all used for trail, downhill and jumping. I wouldn’t put the next on a bike I used for dh or jumping as they are not designed for it but I wouldn’t hesitate to put the six-c on any sort of bike. For me the six-c is the perfect bar combiningthe right shape, light weight, strength and good looks. Can’t say that they are overly stiff but I’m not really fussy about stiffness unless it is really obvious. Like going from my nomad with fox 36 forks back to the anthem with fox 32 which feel like spaghetti for a few minutes until I forget about it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Raceface Next vs Sixc carbon bars?’ is closed to new replies.