Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Raceface ISIS BB installation help
  • Ti_Tim
    Free Member

Hi,

I'm trying to install a RF Signature ISIS ti BB which I understand should fit both 68 and 73mm BB's – I'm trying to get it into a 68 shell and it keeps going tight with still a few mm's of the cups sticking out on each side.

Does anyone know how you adjust it to fit a 68 ? – I've just replaced the bearings which are now snug but without the proper tool were a bit tricky to get installed.

Any help from the STW collective much appreciated

BearBack
    Free Member

are you using the 2.5mm spacer?

Ti_Tim
    Free Member

err not sure – there was just the black plastic in the middle and then the bearings are up flush against the ridges on the axel – where would the spacer go ??

Onzadog
    Free Member

if you fit it to a 68 mm shell, a bit of the cup pokes out either side. If you fit it to a 73mm shell, the cups recess a few mm either side.

There are no spacers, there are no fixed cups (ones with flanges on) which is how you can fine tune the chainline on it.

BearBack
    Free Member

Sorry, Onzadogs right, I was talking about regular fixed cup RF isis… so… i guess your install is correct as you have it.

Ti_Tim
    Free Member

Onzadog – thanks I'd just sort of come to that conclusion myself – reinstalled with about 2mm sticking out either side – sort of looks OK I guess – thanks for all the replies.

Onzadog
    Free Member

😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Raceface ISIS BB installation help’ is closed to new replies.