Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Raceface Deus Crankset. Any thoughts on them?
  • sting
    Free Member

Hi guys,
    Just been offered a brand new set of Deus cranks (2010) for £150. Never used RaceFace before. Are they any good? Are the rings hardwearing? I will be using them to commute on as well. Thanks in advance 😯

Skyliner
    Free Member

They are excellent, I would bin the BB as soon as its finished and swap it our with another brand tho! They've never lasted as long as the XT or Hope external BB's.

rj
    Free Member

I've had mine for a couple of years, only just replaced the first BB on it and I've been pretty happy with them.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

i really like my deus on the five, the rings appear to last longer than the shimano xt ones, but the BB's are poor (and thats being polite) – i use a hope BB with mine now

alanf
    Free Member

Crank arms and rings are great (turbines / atlas) but the BB's are pants.
    You should get plenty of wear out of the rings.
    Make sure the cranks are installed correctly and you'll have no bother

rolfharris
    Free Member

Love htem- used them on my race bike for a year now and only just replaced the middle ring before Relentless in October (after as near as dammit 2000 miles). They're stiff, they're light, they look good.

I run RF cranks on all my bikes. And yes, the BBs are crap. I run Shimano BBs on all of mine now.

chakaping
    Free Member

Installation and removal used to be a bit of a faff, and easy to damage the cranks.

The fixing method may have changed now though.

Great apart from that: strong, light, brilliant chainrings.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Raceface Deus Crankset. Any thoughts on them?’ is closed to new replies.