Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Raceface deuc crank problem.
  • turneround

first no jokes about should have got an XTR/middleburn etc….

needed to repack the bb cups after the puffer so went to take off the driveside arm, one minute turn and pop, the top of the extracting bolt sheered and popped off. I can get the 8mm hex out no problem but i cant get a crank removal tool in as the thread from the top of the bolt is still in place (does this make sense)

can anyone offer advice on how to sort this out as i cant get te crank arm off…..I’m sure there was a weakness in the bolt as it took very little pressure for this to happen…how are Raceface on warrenty (its a year old)

dont want to resort to the angle grinder and new crank solution..

The-Beard

If the top of the bolt has come off can’t you just pull the driveside crank off?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Is it an external bb or an isis model?

As long as all bolts are loose/removed including pedal and chainrings and if isis the NDS too then hit the back of it with a rubber mallet. Then when its off you can pick out the thread and clean it up before fitting a new bolt.

DezB
    Free Member

So you undid the Crank bolt and the puller cap head sheered off?

Knowing how tight the splines go in, it’ll be some heavy hammer blows to shift it.

Email RF – warranty@raceface.com judging by comments in the instructions I reckon they’ll only warranty shop installations.

turneround

Ahh, its the 09 model (external BB) where the crank bolt and puller cap and one piece (the instructions i have are different to the ones posted. I have an atlas which is removed using the instructions above. It aint like that. may give raceface a ring..Oh and i bought it during a trip to the states so probably no chance of a warrenty!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Raceface deuc crank problem.’ is closed to new replies.