Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • raceface cranks
  • richieokeefe1
    Free Member

I have a raceface crank deus triple only a year old and I get so much chain suck its a right pain ! the chain is new and the rear cassette is not that old and the frame is a 18 inch on one 456 . I'm sure I have heard these cranks are bad for this type of thing ? should I get a slx ? heard they are very good 🙂 your thoughts would be great cheers

Richie

rj
    Free Member

I've got them on a Handjob, not noticed excessive chainsuck.

Andituk
    Free Member

Not a problem on my Trance. Is it in one particular ring or all of them?

boxelder

I've run them on both bikes for years. Only chainsuck has been on worn rings, under shifting. Chainsuck is a frame/BB/Crank/chain/mud combination IME. Don't blame the cranks.

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

seems to be middle down to granny when changing very quickly ? bet its worn chain ring 🙁 just thought it was too new but its done a winter !

boxelder

Is your chain a bit long maybe??

duir
    Free Member

Go to http://www.raceface.com/comp/inst/Deus.Evolve.Ride.XC.EXI.web.pdf
    Check your setup against what you should have in terms of bottom bracket and chainline spacers.

boxelder

Went out today (first ride for 5 weeks) and suffered the chainsuck you describe – it's your fault!
    traced it to the self extracting nut (bigger of the two allen key holes, which you don't need to touch to fit/remove cranks) had loosened, allowing a bit of movement under load, causing chain to hold onto the rings.
    Hold your drive side crank arm and see if you can move it side to side.

tighten, loctite and 🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

The removal nut shouldn't cause any issues as it's only there to wind the 8mm nut against when you're taking the crank off.

You sure the fitting nut wasn't just a bit loose?

boxelder

Yeah, I tightened the 8mm one a bit too.
    Don't know why I thought the 10mm would make any odds.
    I may not be clever, but I can lift heavy things……. 😳

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘raceface cranks’ is closed to new replies.