Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Race Face Cinch axle change
  • blastit
    Free Member

I have a BB 30mm axle and was wondering if I can change the axle to a 24mm one so I could have better bearings in BB. If so where would I buy one .
    Cheers Blast

pinetree
    Free Member

Nope. Best bet would be to change to something like the Aeffect crank, which is pretty cheap, pretty light, has a 24mm spindle and would allow you to keep the nifty direct mount ring.

blastit
    Free Member

****, will try some hope bearings first see if they will last a bit longer.
    Cheers Blast

pinetree
    Free Member

I ran an e13 BB with my turbines (bb92 30mm) and found it to be pretty good. Not cheap, but good quality.
    I found the bearings were a bit deeper in the frame, which I assume stopped the crank rocking so hard on the bearings, helping em last a bit longer.
    The outer diameter was slightly different so I had to mess around with a couple of thin washers just to ensure they would preload properly, but after a small amount of fiddling they went on perfectly and lasted ages!

Cheers

submarined
    Free Member

Ha! My e13bb was rubbish! It lasted 3 months. In the summer! So badly sealed 🙁

blastit
    Free Member

Anyone using Hope pf41 ???

Pridds

Had a hope one for a year and it’s been fit and forget so far

Leku
    Free Member

My RaceFace BB lasted about 5 months. Now on a Hope one. Fitted it about 2 months ago and all good so far.

noisette
    Free Member

+1 for hope. race faces have a notoriously bad reputation.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

e13 BB …. and found it to be pretty good

News shocker for a Friday morning.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Race Face Cinch axle change’ is closed to new replies.