Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Race face cinch (30mm) bb tool – Birmingham
  • tony07
    Free Member

Need to remove a race face 30mm bb as I’m fitting a hope one. Don’t want to spend over 20 quid on the tool to use it once. Evans have said it will be £15 to remove the bb which is a bit mental. Not local to the area so any idea of other shops that might have the tool?

I’m heading over to eastridge woods this Saturday. Anywhere over that way that might have it that I could pop into Saturday morning?

Thanks

simondbarnes

Evans have said it will be £15 to remove the bb which is a bit mental

Is it?

tony07
    Free Member

Sorry, should have elaborated. By the time I drive into the city centre, find somewhere to park, take my bike to the shop and pay the £15 I would say it’s too dear. Thanks

Poopscoop

Give a few lbs a call mate and see if one gives a better cost.

Could be a good “feeler” to find a good lbs in your new area too?

Good luck with getting it sorted bud. 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

Don’t forget, the Hope bottom bracket will need a different tool to fit it.

mboy
    Free Member

Where are you staying?

I’m based in Droitwich, so a little way out of Brum but not far. We’d be able to remove it and fit the Hope BB for you (we have the tools) and it’s normally just £5 to remove one and £5 to fit a new one if that helps…

patriotpro
    Free Member

If it’s cinch (turbine?)…Hope BB won’t work.

tony07
    Free Member

@patriotpro why so? They’re race face six c cranks. 30mm spindle?

Tried a few lbs but no one has the tool. Offered to buy it and only charge me the removal but was looking it swapped out this weekend.

Will try a few others. Thanks for the help

Poopscoop

Good luck Tony, no doubt you will get it sorted one way or another!

tony07
    Free Member

Pair of mole grips got it off! New hope bb fitted and running the best. Cheers guys

patriotpro
    Free Member

tony07 – Member
    Pair of mole grips got it off! New hope bb fitted and running the best. Cheers guys

Good Afternoon

Is your BB30 (BSA) compatible with Raceface Turbine (Cinch) cranks?

Best wishes

Info
    Apr 4 (6 days ago)

to me
    Hi David,

With a Raceface Cinch crank you need to use their own bottom bracket, our BB is not compatible.

Regards,

Hope

Hope Technology
    +44 (0)1282 851400
    hopetech.com

I wanted to do the very same thing so emailed Hope and that’s the response I got.

Seems you have proved them wrong tho which is odd!

RustyMac

I have the RF turbine cinch cranks running with a hope BB30. No issues.

benpinnick

With a Raceface Cinch crank you need to use their own bottom bracket, our BB is not compatible.

Done loads of Hope/RF Cinch crank combos. Works fine.

vincienup
    Free Member

My thought is that if you don’t plan to use a RF BSA30 again, then you need to suck it up and pay the £15 or find someone nearby with a tool. No point buying a tool you will use once.

Interesting that Hope say their BB30 doesn’t fit if others say it does. I’d be cautious if this is the case in case of accelerated bearing wear. I’d expect them to want to sell as many BB’s as they can. They can’t possibly think it makes sense that people will buy their crankset just to use their BB.

jackal
    Free Member

I’m running hope bb and turbine cinch, seems fine. I think I’ve had to wind the preload adjuster a bit further out (well inboard) to take up the slack so something must be slightly different width wise.
    I bought the hope tool to install stupidly thinking it would be the same as the raceface, ending up removing the raceface with pipe grips/wrench…

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m also running a Hope BSA30 bottom bracket with RaceFace SixC Cinch cranks.

I bought a couple of 1mm spacers to that I didn’t make to wind the preload so close to its limit.

Can’t see which bit if it isn’t supposed to work. 30mm is 39mm so it’s just possible spacing issues (which I’ve sorted).

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Race face cinch (30mm) bb tool – Birmingham’ is closed to new replies.