Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Race Face Atlas Pedal bearings….
  • BFITH
    Free Member

Any body replaced the bearings in their RF atlas pedals. I know there’s a full rebuild kit available but really only need to replace the larger inner bearing. Any ideas what size it is?

rickon
    Free Member

Whip the pedal off the cranks, take off the labyrinth seal and write down the number.

Post it up here too, cause I can’t be bothered to do it either!

BFITH
    Free Member

Post it up here too, cause I can’t be bothered to do it either!

🙂 I was hoping to get some on the way home… Going to do exactly that tomorrow. Ill post the size when i find out what it is

GolfChick
    Free Member

Whip em off and then chuck them in the bin as the next pair will be due to be replaced within the next ten rides, or atleast that’s what’s going on with mine now they’re due their second set of bearings!!

BFITH
    Free Member

chuck them in the bin

Thought about that … but I’ve never spent so much on a pair of pedals. Should’ve got some nanos!

benpinnick

When you reassemble loctite the threads back together, or they will self destruct again.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Really rubbish pedals. They feel great but the sealing is so bad it´s not real. My new bearings lasted about 3 months. Looking at my previous bearing purchases I´m pretty sure that they are these ones: 2 x ENDURO 68022RS Rubber Sealed Deep Groove Ball Bearing 15x24x5mm

Worth double checking though, it´s dead easy to do.

Stevet1
    Free Member

My lbs knowing my penchant for going through flat pedals refused to sell me any of the race face pedals … Got some new style V12’s instead and I love ’em.

honourablegeorge

It’s kind of weird at this point that RaceFace can’t seem to sort out their bearing issues. Their BBs have had a bad reputation for as long as I can remember. And it’s not liek they’re some californian company who never see rain, they’re based in Canada.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Doug is correct. Big bearing is 6802-2rs. 15×24.

Small bearings are 6x10x3 with 3 in each pedal.

If the pedals aren’t too battered and less than a year old, they may be under warranty.

julians
    Free Member

hmm, strange, my raceface atlas have lasted longer than any other pedals Ive tried (1 year now). And they’re dead comfy and grippy.

I’d recommend them, but you lot above tell a different tale.

BFITH
    Free Member

If the pedals aren’t too battered and less than a year old, they may be under warranty.

Deffo under a year old but quite battered. Would I contact RF directly or retailer (YT in this case)?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Retailer is your first port of call.

BFITH
    Free Member

Deffo under a year old

Not!…. B*gger… Just over a year old!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Worth asking the question as I know silverfish don’t have any service kits until mid October and the buying half decent bearings independently is more expensive.

rickon
    Free Member

As we’re still part of the EU, all products sold within the EU carry a 2 year minimum warranty, regardless of what the seller or manufacturer say.

That said, you’re likely to be told it’s wear and tear and not covered. That’s what Giant said after 3 months for my frame bearings.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Race Face Atlas Pedal bearings….’ is closed to new replies.