Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Race Face Atlas AM vs Shimano SLX/XT Cranks
  • Seb_C
    Free Member

Hi,

I currently run a pair of Race Face Atlas AM cranks on one of my bikes (1×9 with an EThirteen G ring) and am going to change to a double or triple setup. It'd probably be cheaper for me to sell the Atlas and G ring and buy an SLX setup rather than buying 2 or 3 new Race Face (or similar) rings – but I have no idea how the Race Face compare in terms of weight/stifness etc. to the current SLX and XT cranksets.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

gamo
    Free Member

I went from Atlas to Xt, Xt is a fair bit lighter and just as stiff!
    Reason for me was £89 for three new rings for the Atlas or £110 for
    a new Xt, seemed a bit of a no brainer!

backhander
    Free Member

How much are you after for your atlas cranks mate?

Seb_C
    Free Member

Thanks gamo.

backhander – not sure – I thnk they're mint but I'll have a good look for any marks and think about it. If I do decide to sell they may pop up in the classifieds in the next week or so.

backhander
    Free Member

Ok Seb. I'm away to canada on wednesday for 3 weeks though so I'll miss them i'm afraid.

PJM1974
    Free Member

To be honest I'd pick Shimano every time.

I've had problems with X-Type spline wear on Raceface cranks and wouldn't entertain another set.

Seb_C
    Free Member

Really? Mine have been perfect – but budget is a bit tight for the new build!

jim
    Free Member

I've had problems with X-Type spline wear on Raceface cranks and wouldn't entertain another set.

Don't think it's generally a problem with Atlas cranks as afaik they're made from a harder alloy. Lifetime warranty anyway though so it probably doesn't matter.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

ive ran raceface atlas cranks for a while now, ive had no problems 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Race Face Atlas AM vs Shimano SLX/XT Cranks’ is closed to new replies.