Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Race Face 30T Narrow/Wide Chainring. Odd chainline anyone?
  • mart
    Free Member

If you’re only using a single chainring then the object must be to get a sweet arrival/departure (my words) of the chain onto the ring at both extremes of the cassette, right? Can anyone tell me if they have had similar experiences to mine, where I’ve had to move the 2 x 1mm spacers of my Deus cranks to the non-drive side AND use 2 x 2.5mm spacers to the non-drive side on a 68mm shell to get mine looking half right? If I set up the BB with the spacers as they should be, and the 1mm spacers one each side, the chain drags at a hideous angle in low gear. Given the nature of the ring with it’s stand off threaded nature, I expected the opposite? Anyone tried and found the same? On a 73mm shell it’s not so bad, but the 2 x 1mm spacers give the best result if they are non drive side…

honourablegeorge

mart – Member
    If you’re only using a single chainring then the object must be to get a sweet arrival/departure (my words) of the chain onto the ring at both extremes of the cassette, right?

No.

mart
    Free Member

It looks and sounds rough if I don’t set it up as I’ve descibed.

clubber
    Free Member

Which side of the spider is the chainring on?

mart
    Free Member

On the inside.

samjgeorge86
    Free Member

clubber – Member

Which side of the spider is the chainring on?

Exactly what I was about to say.
    On my Zee cranks, the chain-ring should be mounted inside. For some reason, When throwing a new ring on, I went in to muppet mode and put it on the outside, that caused all sorts of weird noise issues etc. Took me ages to figure out why aswell.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Race Face 30T Narrow/Wide Chainring. Odd chainline anyone?’ is closed to new replies.