Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rab Drillium jacket
  • Mounty_73

Anyone have a Rab drillium jacket?

Looking for a waterproof to be used both on and off the bike, this jacket seems to be popping up in a lot of reviews.

smurf
    Free Member

I bought one (from ebay) as I was looking for a lightweight, easy to pack w/proof. It was a medium and I'm 5' 11 and have a 38 – 39 inch chest.

It was an odd size and didn't fit me that well so I sold it on. It's a nice jacket in terms of the fabric, features etc.

I've ended up with a Gore Phantom and Gore Alp X. Both are more cycling orientated but fit me much better. I've also got a walking / hiking waterproof though so I wasn't that bothered that the Gore things are more cycling orientated.

smurf

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

I've a RAB, On Demand eVENT smock … not overly cheap but a top bit of kit. I just got sick of buying waterproof cycle jackets that weren't!

Sanny
    Free Member

I use an Equilibrium – light, noticably more breathable than Paclite with a hood that fits over a cycling helmet. Would definitley recommend it or the smock which is a slightly heavier equivalent of the Haglofs Oz pullover. I prefer having something with a hood for off road duty in the mountains.

Cheers

Sanny

Mounty_73

I've a RAB, On Demand eVENT smock … not overly cheap but a top bit of kit. I just got sick of buying waterproof cycle jackets that weren't!

I like the look of that RAB demand, how well has it performed so far ?

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

I haven't got wet so far even in some pretty nasty weather over a long period of time. I've become an eVENT convert after spending time in an eVENT bivvy bag … still, damp and humid, fully zipped in and not a drop of condensation. I'd have drowned in some other bags.

Go outdoors had smocks last week for less than £100.

damitamit
    Free Member

Does the hood roll up on the Demand?

mansonsoul
    Free Member

I've got a Rab Momentum eVent jacket, it's a Demand with a full length zip basically. I love it, the fit is great, eVent is excellent and the hood is a great cocoon in wet weather. It was expensive, but one of the best bits of kit I have.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Hood doesn't roll up but is wired and volume adjustable so doesn't really get in the way.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rab Drillium jacket’ is closed to new replies.