Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • r2-bike.de
  • taxi25
    Free Member

Fancying these wheels.

http://r2-bike.com/Wheelset-29-American-Classic-130-225-Ryde-Trace-XC-1360g

I’ve not heard of r2-bike, anybody got any experience with them ?

Jonny5
    Free Member

I’ve used them a couple of times with no complaints.

Marge
    Free Member

They stock all the lovely over priced shit 🙂

Bought stuff with no worries

njee20
    Free Member

Shipping is expensive on small bits, but they’re very good.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Spent thousands with them when I went through a mental weight weenie phase

All good

taxi25
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback, free delivery on the wheels and about £100 cheaper than I can get them built over here. looks like all systems go 😀

njee20
    Free Member

If it makes a difference I built AM Classic hubs on Light Bicycle rims for less. Came to 1370g real weight, but vastly stiffer than the Ryde rims.

oldnick

“Our wheels are assembled by our farmers impeller completely by hand”

Well, that’s a relief.

taxi25
    Free Member

I looked at the l/b rimed option. But I can’t match your pricing.
    Rims with postage and duty about £300
    Hubs another £300
    Cx-ray spokes at least £120
    I can assemble but I want them properly tensioned £30
    £750
    The wheels from r2 I like are £565 to my door.
    If you can put links to your costing it would be appreciated. 😀

njee20
    Free Member

My rims were £248, hubs are £220 from A E Bike, don’t bother with CX-Rays, just use Revs, c£30. I’ve used CX-Rays on several sets of wheels, but they add nothing IMO. If you really want to then they can be had vastly cheaper than £120.

Cost will be similar, but IMO a better wheelset.

taxi25
    Free Member

Your figures aren’t adding up for me. The hubs are £234 from Ae then add shipping +duty, vat so £300 easily.
    The rims work out at £249+vat, ect so another £300+ and where can a man in the street get 64 cx-ray spokes for vastly cheaper than £120 ? And I’ve got to pay to get them sorted. So £750 how is that similar to£565.

njee20
    Free Member

You’re right on rims actually, I did pay duty of £38 I think it was, but they were definitely £248 shipped. Didn’t pay duty on the hubs and shipping wasn’t bad. I also said CX-Rays are a waste of time (IMO) and Revs will save you £90, I’m not trawling all the German shops, but I’ve seen CX-Rays for c€1.50 previously, so more like £80.

It’s merely another option, I said I built a similar wheelset (without CX-Rays) for a comparable price. If you’d rather have the alu rims and the convenience, plus no gambles on duty and long lead times then buy the R2 ones. I wouldn’t, that’s all!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

£750
    The wheels from r2 I like are £565 to my door.

imho, the additional cost to get carbon rims are worth it

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve just looked everything up, my hubs were $351 shipped from AEBike, so £216 by today’s rates according to Google.

Rims were £248 and £38 charges, so £286 at my door. They’re currently $165 each, plus $50 shipping. So that’s £242, plus similar charges, so call it £280 for the rims.

I forget where I got my spokes from, but Bike24 do Revolutions for €0.83 (Rose are a lot cheaper if you want silver), plus €6 shipping, so £46.

So that’s £542 on parts, plus whatever you pay someone to put them together, take your £30 and you’re at £572. Which I’d call “similar to £565″…

YMMV.

taxi25
    Free Member

You obviously know what you paid for your hubs njee, but they’ve gone up a bit now and you were lucky with customs. I’ve always had to pay at least the 20% vat and the fee for collecting it 🙁
    Decided to go with the ones I linked to, the LB rims seem great but for my circumstances ordering parts fron 3 continents means 3 trips to courier depots, then 2 trips to my LBS. All coming out of my working day and adding to the cost.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘r2-bike.de’ is closed to new replies.