Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Quotemehappy online insurance nightmare
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Quotemehappy had the cheapest online price for my car insurance. So I click buy it now and it stealthily adds £80 of unwanted RAC cover. There is an opt out button, but having opted out and clicked buy it now, it’s back again.

Only contact option is via email, which takes a day to receive a response. They suggest the click on the opt out option. Pulling what’s left of my hair out now. I’ve sent them one last email saying unless I can speak to a representative I will take my business elsewhere.

Is this typical of others experiences with quotemehappy?

allthegear
    Free Member

So, has money been taken off you yet?

If not, just go use a different website? They lose business because their website isn’t working for you – you’re no worse off.

Rachel

cynic-al
    Free Member

If they ignore that Pete, I guess there’s nowt more you can do than cancel the transaction.

Is this Aviva? I got an amazing quote off them too…

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I baulk at the add on, the resist the next step. There is a £60 difference between the lowest and the second lowest quotes. If I don’t hear back tomorrow from a human, I will go for the more expensive quote.

Edit, Al it’s Aviva. They were half of what my Swiftcover renewal was!

edlong
    Free Member

Can’t you just get the insurance directly from Aviva, or through a different price comparison site?

was
    Free Member

Try a different browser.

If you start again and go to quotemehappy via quidco you will get another tenner back.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Can’t you just get the insurance directly from Aviva, or through a different price comparison site?

That is so beautifully simple I never thought about it. There in no phone listing for quotemehappy, but they are just the broker. I will try Aviva in the morning.

cynic-al
    Free Member

£80 quidco via Aviva IIRC?

Yup – last week though.

http://www.quidco.com/aviva-car-insurance/

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Cheers Al, just went direct to Aviva and did the quidco thing too.

Quotemehappy FAIL

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Quotemehappy online insurance nightmare’ is closed to new replies.