Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • QuoteMeHappy looks too good to be true for home cover with bikes?
  • sam_underhill

From their website FAQs:

Bikes

This gives you wider bike cover than we’d normally include in your contents insurance. We’ll cover all your household’s bikes for theft, accidental loss and damage, including incidents away from your home, anywhere in the world.

You should choose a sum insured which is high enough to cover your most expensive bike, and we’ll cover each of your bikes up to this limit.

Anyone tried it with high value bikes

sandwicheater

I’ve not used them but Aviva have a similar product ie I’ve advised the most valuable bike and they cover all bikes up to that sum insured. Worked out very well for me at the time.

ThePinkster

Not tried it but it does sound rather too good to be true.

Do they slap a big premium on for it?

handyandy
    Free Member

I’d be interested to hear from personal experiences of making claims. I need to insure my bikes, and want a reliable company.

legend
    Free Member

Max sum insured is £2,500 iirc

daveh
    Free Member

And if your most expensive bike is less than £2.5k, say £2k for example, and they all get nicked, they’ll only pay out £2k total?

chrishc777
    Free Member

Im with the aa, £11 a month gets me cover on all my bikes below 1k and cover on my ‘proper rig’ for 3.5k plus aa breakdown cover. Im hoping where they’re such a big company they’ll be more reliable than the little providers..

tymbian
    Free Member

I’ll have a look as I’m after insurance..thanks OP.
    Insure4retirement have quoted me £147 but have yet to see their t&cs

IHN

Have a look at Fresh Insurance – I’ve got contents cover with them, including bikes valued at £1k, £1800, £2k and £3.2k for £180…

martinhutch

Exactly, the chances of them breaking in, nicking the cheap bikes and leaving the expensive must be pretty negligible.

But are they suggesting that if you stack your bike into a drystone wall or a tree, writing it off, you can put in a claim? I’ve looked at their policy summary and it seems like this is the case, excepting racing, pacemaking and ‘trials’.

I’m with them at the moment, not had to put it to the test though.

sam_underhill

interesting to see if anyone gets any good quotes especially for bikes over 2.5k. Double interesting if anyone has any tales of claims.

tthew

Liverpool Victoria seemed pretty good with bikes. Just listed them all and gave them a value when running throught the online quote tool. It didn’t turn out much more expensive than the previous insurer, which didn’t have specific bikes listed.

Think you have to be getting the quote and arranging the cover with a few weeks notice to get the best prices.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I’m with quote me happy and were £100 less than Swintons for everything last year and just sat there logging all the bikes and their values and ping the renewal came up and I took it. No ideas on a claim yet, but would probably be in jail after dismembering the thief that nicked my bike, before I get to that bit 👿

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve not used them but Aviva have a similar product

Quote me happy is Aviva

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Ironically, Swintons said that Aviva wouldn’t insure my road bike over £2.5k, I would need to speak to Swintons special insurance person. Really couldn’t be bothered with the faff , especially as they were there only while I was at work during the day. So, quote me happy insured me, no problem and as said, they are Aviva direct……

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘QuoteMeHappy looks too good to be true for home cover with bikes?’ is closed to new replies.