Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • quitting the habit of a life time…. Coke
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

never seen the appeal of fizzy drinks so I dont ever drink them tbh. it used to be cream cakes , I used to work in a training centre and all the dieting folk left the cakes and we got to eat them .. I once had 6 for my dinner – my weight ballooned to almost 67 kg but I am back to a fighting weight of 65 kg now.

These days flapjacks and frys chocolate bars but i probably only eat one of each a week and usually ride related.
    Being a vegan it is pretty hard to eat crap and I always take a packed lunch – usually couscous salad with fresh veg and beans. You cannot really buy anything vegan out tbh so no real choice.
    I was only a veggie when i ate the cream cakes and I sure do miss them.

mboy
    Free Member

I once had 6 for my dinner – my weight ballooned to almost 67 kg but I am back to a fighting weight of 65 kg now.

LOL OMG ROFLMAO (and every other internet acronym expressing stupid amounts of disgust at something so horrific!)

How did you cope being so fat? 😕

And here’s me, sat thinking I can be a bit self righteous at times about still being quite slim despite the fact I eat 4 times what normal people do, and I’m 74kg having come down from about 78kg! 😉

It’s probably fairly trivial to find some badly produced study or lazy journalism article suggesting that there ‘may’ be a health risk for just about anything you care to think of. I’m sure if I looked hard enough I could probably ‘prove’ that Cliff Richard may cause gout.

We “know” for sure that some things are not good for us, and we also know there’s lots of people out there trying to prove almost everything is not good for us. Where do you stop? Personally, I’m prepared to accept that drinking maybe 1 litre of Diet Soft Drinks every day is a whole lot better for me than drinking 1 litre a day of full fat soft drink. Even if it’s just because that’s about 20 full teaspoonfulls of sugar less per day, and nothing else. Much as I have a sweet tooth, I know that refined sugar is one of if not the worst thing in my diet at all, so if I can replace something I like that has sugar in with something that tastes pretty much as good with something that doesn’t contain sugar, then that is in my book, a small victory!

I’d love to tell you I had a very healthy diet that anyone and everyone could be proud of, but to be honest I was kinda brought up on convenience food a lot of the time, and I pretty much had to fend for myself from 14 onwards (Mum died, Dad spent a lot of time down the pub), and though I can cook a good meal when I want to I’ve got into the habit of eating more convenient foods too often. But I’ve improved it a lot, and will continue to do so if I can. The “holier than thou” people that only eat food fresh, straight from the ground, and pure filtered water or the finest red wines, well fair play to you, but you probably spend about 25% of your waking life preparing that food which for some people isn’t always easy!

BrickMan

tesco’s value diet cola = real cola.

Seriously, last time I had two bottles back to back, I couldn’t tell, well, I actually slightly preferred the Tesco stuff as it had a cleaner after taste, and I am an UTTER stickler for taste.

Although I hardly drink the stuff, instead I moved into coffee, then more advanced coffee. Now I have half a freezer of the stuff and a nice hand grinder*

*the minutes of faffing with the grinder burns the calories off. Or so I kid myself.

But seriously, you’ll be surprised by how a few VERY minor choice changes make a real difference.

FuzzyWuzzy

Pepsi Max is great, way nicer than normal Pepsi/Coke, Coke Zero is worth trying to. ON a short-term basis maybe try chocolatey protein bars, Promax ones aren’t too bad on the calorie front and fill you up a lot more than a Mars bar (they don’t taste half as nice though but decent substitute until you can wean yourself onto something more healthy like carrot sticks :p ).

xiphon
    Free Member

My wife was snorting drinking too much Coke, so on the 1st of January this year she stopped having it – and credit where it’s due, she’s not touched a drop of it.

I bet her she could only last a month…..

therealhoops
    Free Member

Sweetners are nasty stuff IMO. Banned in kids food, banned by the yank military. MSG on the other hand is awesome!

kayak23

*stands up meekly*
    My name is Kayak23, and I’m addicted to Coke.
    Getting on for 5-6 cans of Diet Coke a day when I’m at work…
    Really should be drinking water more, and I’m very good with willpower elsewhere in my life, but Coke is my vise…
    😕

Ro5ey
    Free Member

This thread has been a bit of an eye opener for me.

I really didnt know that people are addicted to the fizz. 😯 … Sure I know it bad for you but I never really drunk that much pop as a kid and hardly touch the stuff now, I guess any news items on it went under my radar.

So fair play to the OP and others for thier honestly… I hope you can get yourself off the sweat stuff, if thats what you’d like to do.

I know in light of your experiences I will be even more vigilant on keeping my kids away from it.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Oh. I thought you meant

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘quitting the habit of a life time…. Coke’ is closed to new replies.