Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Quite proud of this *CAUTION: moderate willy waving content*
  • qtip

Completed my first 3hr 100K this morning (Strava linky). Annoyingly, Strava puts it at 99.8K despite my Garmin and Garmin Connect showing 100.09K which upsets my OCD. Also annoyingly close to breaking the sub-3hr barrier, but got held up in Beaumaris (in both directions) by bimbling tourists in their 4x4s.

I’m sure 3hr 100Ks are dispatched with ease by many of you, and please feel free to tell me just how mediocre this achievement is, but it’s a significant landmark for me. Not that long ago I weighed over 20 stone and couldn’t ride down the road without being out of breath, so I’m pretty chuffed with myself.

I’ll admit, it was a selective route – apart from the first section I avoided tiny country lanes so that speed was easier to maintain, there weren’t many junctions, and I kept climbing to a minimum. I only got held up by traffic 3 or 4 times. I also feel that the route not being a loop is cheating somewhat, although in my defence there’s not a massive difference in start and end elevation, and the wind was probably slightly more of a hindrance than a help (moderate South Westerly).

That is all, let the flaming begin 😀

thestabiliser
    Free Member

FAIL

Just kidding, good effort, took me hour and a half to do 35k this morning, so your steaming along there 😀

scaled
    Free Member

Good effort there, i’ve never even managed a 20mph avg ride, no matter the distance!

qtip

FAIL

I know, right. And 3:00:57 – DOUBLE FAIL!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Good effort.

Pick routes that suit you until you become bored with them, by that time you’ll be fit enough to start challenging yourself harder.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Good work, a nice rolling route, even with the favourable winds 😉

Deserves a that. In fact, you just got one.

sandwicheater

[/url]Bro fist by Phillip Dalton, on Flickr[/img]

amedias
    Free Member

20Mph average over 3 hours is nothing to sniff at, even for a flat ride.

I’ll give you a high 5 for that 😀

Not that long ago I weighed over 20 stone and couldn’t ride down the road without being out of breath, so I’m pretty chuffed with myself

^ with that for context, I’ll give you a high 10!

mrblobby
    Free Member

I missed that bit in the OP. You’d better have a couple then…

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-U1AOEAWpIH4/VwO4cajrcoI/AAAAAAAABqw/IrsgqYBkX_MAH24gwTMHfTMo6Co9Pj_xACCo/s800-Ic42/thumb.tiff[/img]

qtip

Thanks all for the encouragement.

lowey

Not that long ago I weighed over 20 stone and couldn’t ride down the road without being out of breath, so I’m pretty chuffed with myself

Wins it for me. Great work mate.

ThePinkster

Congratulations, with the back history as well that really is very impressive.

Although it is unusual of anyone round these parts admitting to only having a moderate willy 😉

dirtydog
    Free Member

Well done, that’s a fair old whack in my book.

hooli

Good effort mate

philjunior
    Free Member

Nice work. I was hoping for a picture of a moderately sized willy though.

beano68
    Free Member

Well done mate ! I gave you a kudos 😉

northernmatt

Only moderate willy waving? You’re spamming all the forums (all two of them) that I use with it you big show off!

Seriously though well done, puts my shabby effort from Sunday to shame a bit.

qtip

Nice work. I was hoping for a picture of a moderately sized willy though.

Happy to oblige!

benp1

Blimey mate, I’d say that was pretty outstanding. You should be proud of yourself for that

I couldn’t even get close to that, I’m much more of a pootler

qtip

Only moderate willy waving? You’re spamming all the forums (all two of them) that I use with it you big show off!

Fair one! Like I say though, I’m pretty chuffed with myself and thought it merited a little schlong-swinging.

Your effort from Sunday was far from shabby – especially given your extensive training regime 😉

Bolt

It’s a Thumbs up from me!

craigxxl
    Free Member

Not that long ago I weighed over 20 stone and couldn’t ride down the road without being out of breath, so I’m pretty chuffed with myself.

I was just going to take the piss but instead well done on the fitness campaign and for nearly doing 100km 🙂

Strava puts it at 99.8K

only way to correct it that is try again and go the extra distance and make sure it’s recorded.

qtip

only way to correct it that is try again and go the extra distance and make sure it’s recorded.

Indeed! Will make sure I do it on the good bike next time rather than the cheapo commuter/winter bike. Should gain me the 58 seconds required to go sub-3hrs 😛

mrblobby
    Free Member

Next attempt is for a 100 miles in 5 hours surely 😉

nedrapier

Only managed a ride that quick once, and I had a flat route, closed roads and thousands of people to draft. I’m way off that pace out on my own.

Always been “relatively” fit too. You’ve steamed past me and plenty of others! Awesome.

Feels pretty good, I’d guess?!

Dickyboy

Not half as gutted as my brother when he only managed 239 miles in 12hrs, I think 20+ years after the event he may have got over it, no big willy involved though just pure batshit crazy 😯

edit: yes 12hrs not 24

Junkyard
    Free Member

qtip

Next attempt is for a 100 miles in 5 hours surely

Great, I hadn’t thought of that, but now the seed has been planted – cheers :evil:! Think I’ll hold off on that one for a while though, a lot more training required.

Not half as gutted as my brother when he only managed 239 miles in 12hrs

Jesus! I can’t even imagine doing that.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Once you got it up, keep it up!

Dickyboy

Jesus! I can’t even imagine doing that.

Ah but now you’ve started down this path….

good luck & well done btw – I can barely manage 15mph average on road

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Quite proud of this *CAUTION: moderate willy waving content*’ is closed to new replies.