Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Quite possible the best ride of my year
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Me and Rich set off from The Swan in Rowberrow for a nice afternoon’s XC which turned into my best ride of the year. Just XC on local trails nothing rad. I chose rarely ridden single track and obscure farm tracks over to Sandford then Banwell and Loxton hill. Glorious weather and clear views while the trails were slippery with leaves and muddy puddles. Up Crooks Peak with a bit of pushing and racing down King’s Wood on a carpet of golden leaves. There was room to carve arcs and by dabbing the back brake one could induce leafy drifts. We heaved and squirmed up mud to Lillypool and back to Rowberrow for a date with a Butcombe Blonde in The Swan. Home to beef casserole that had been simmering all afternoon and watching the sun set red. The sillouette of low clouds banked up looking like distant Dolomites or a nearby Dartmoor Tor.
    A magical Mendip afternoon.

fontmoss
    Free Member

nice one

gothandy

Sounds lush!

rOcKeTdOg

i spent possibly the worst weekend of my life on a campsite in Banwell

*shudders*

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Git.

I’m full of snot.

🙁

noteeth
    Free Member

Nice one.

I really need to return home.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Quite why anyone would want to do anything except drive through Banwell is beyond me!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Well the folly castle has its attractions. Ok I agree with you. Hope you get over your cold soon.

noteeth
    Free Member

Quite why anyone would want to do anything except drive through Banwell is beyond me!

Not if you’re an archaeologist… 😀

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Sounds good, thats what a 2 grand+ bike should make you feel like! Money well spent 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

?? Single speed boardman team hardtail mate. It’s got a good fox fork tho . But really the bike is forgotten about on a ride like that. My Giant fs is being neglected poor thing. It needs a fork upgrade really. I’ll ride it again in the spring.

Mugboo

Damn you DIY! Spent yet another weekend painting…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Quite possible the best ride of my year’ is closed to new replies.