Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Quite a specific question about car hire, Alicante Airport
  • surfer
    Free Member

Been a few times over the last few years and normally hired cars from one of the major providers in the airport. Last year spend 2hrs queuing and a friend of a friend who we met out there suggested hiring a car from a place on the Alicante airport site, but not in the main hall, they said they did it every year and it is quicker and cheaper. For several reasons I didnt get the detail at the time. So… Does anyone know of such a place??

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not sure but of the loyalty schemes like hertz gold means the keys are in the car and you just collect and drive out.

woody2000

I always hire off site at Alicante, much easier. Try drivalia – http://www.drivalia.com

Basically, go through the main hall and down to the bus stops below. Get picked up, go get your car and head straight on to the motorway. No queuing 🙂

surfer
    Free Member

Thanks Woody that sounds like what they were describing. I’ll look into that. Dont mind a reasonable wait when you get off an incoming flight but last year was at least 2 hours and we messed our host around and had to find a place we hadnt been before just as it got dark.

woody2000

Surfer – there’s also car hire places that are on site but away from the main terminal building in the car park. It used to be pretty easy to get to those, but after the new terminal building was built, they’re now a bit further away. I’d still go off airport though 🙂

poolman
    Free Member

I used to use edi but now live here so no use. Most of my villa renters got skanked for the excess last summer. Dont go for the cheapest, use a private indy and agree before reservation they will accept your own excess insurance. Also look for full full tank or you will be done for a full tank, cheap for a reason.

jonk

Used Drivalia quite a few times. Costs around £60 for the week plus fuel (40) and fuel surcharge (30). Still works out ok and no queues.

scuttler

Definitely opt for local independents when heading for the Med.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Quite a specific question about car hire, Alicante Airport’ is closed to new replies.