• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by P20.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Quiet cooler for socket LGA775?
  • mrjmt
    Free Member

I need to find a cheap, quiet cooler for a socket LGA775 processor (this one)

Any recommendations?

Russell96

Plenty to choose from here http://www.quietpc.com/lga775-coolers depends on how much space you have inside your case as the larger (and quieter) ones can take up a fair bit of space.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Asus artic cooler , looks like a small bean can in size ,but worked wonders with my quad core o/c to 3.8 gig ,never went over 60 oC on prime ,very quiet

squirrelking
    Free Member

I run a Cooler Master Hyper Evo, has a 120mm fan but with the amount of surface area reckon it could go passive if need be. Height is worth checking first, mine just fits in my case…

I’m cooling a QX6850 so if it can do mine without breaking a sweat yours would be no bother at all…

chewkw
    Free Member

Try water cooling. Very easy to install …

Corsair Hydro Series H70 High-Performance CPU Cooler (Socket LGA775/LGA1156/LGA1366/AM3/AM2)

jambourgie
    Free Member

Hmm, I had something cheap by Arctic. Did the job as far as I recall…

Northwind

Might be worth thinking a bit about forward compatability… But I’d have thought a wanted ad on Overclockers or similiar could have good results, there’s a lot of outmoded top end stuff out there that the enthusiasts don’t want any more. It’s like singletrack only at least they actually use their computers 😉

@cruzcampo- PROCESSOR FRIENDS!

This:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/310359177066?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&chn=ps&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

Has been on my stupidly overclocked q6600 for a very long time, it was the bees knees when I got it but might have been surpassed… But that’s a hot processor and it runs quiet. I always planned to go to a water block, never did though, didn’t seem any point.

(it had gone louder recently, just opened the case up and it turned out the fan had fallen off entirely. Still did a good job of cooling with just the case airflow.)

mboy
    Free Member

Got a Zalman CNPS9500 in my PC cooling a Q9400 at stock speeds. With the fan set to minimum, and all the case fans unplugged, the machine is almost entirely silent and the CPU has never broken above 60 degrees!

There’s 2 bigger versions of it too now! To be honest, it’s not the smallest of coolers, but it’s mightily effective.

squirrelking
    Free Member

That Thermaltake was what I was initially after having read up on stuff. I’d take either that or the Cooler Master, whichever was cheaper.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Old stock Zalman CNPS10x model. The Extreme handles about 200w with almost no noise.

superfli
    Free Member

Just got one of these last week
    http://www.scan.co.uk/products/cooler-master-hyper-212-evo-4-heat-pipes-direct-contact-with-120mm-quiet-fan-lga775-1155-1156-1366-a

Cooler master hyper 212 evo

I was shocked at how big it was! But Christ its so much quieter and 1/2 my cpu temp. Awkward to fit though, take motherboard out.

P20

My Asus Silent knight isn’t the quietest on my Q6600, id give it a miss

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Quiet cooler for socket LGA775?’ is closed to new replies.