Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Quickest way to shift a cold
  • bigsi
    Free Member

Ok so i woke up this morning with man flu, couldn't breath i was so full of snot. Has got worse through out the day. 🙁

I don't do being ill very well so has anyone got any miracle cures for shifting it ❓

And i will be MTFU tomorrow as being self employed i can't afford to take the day off work 🙄

carbon337
    Free Member

ive had a head cold for 10 days now, nothing off the shelf is fixing it. Its been better when I have just got on with things though rather than sitting around.

Snot, sinus pain, ears blocked, sore throat and headache.

PJ266
    Free Member

Fruit & veg, lots.

And carry on as normal if you can.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BigJohn

I like Boots cold & flu day comfort capsules. Same as Day Nurse capsules, possibly. Make you feel a lot better.

thegreatape
    Free Member

3 packets of Fisherman's Friends (original grim flavour).

Drac

Paracetamol as it's the best part of all this cold and flu remedies people convince themselves are worth paying for. And then grow a pair as anyone who even considers taking a day off work for a cold needs a big boot up the arse.

bigsi
    Free Member

Disappointed no one has suggested whiskey yet 🙁

BTW Drac, its not a cold, it's swine flu i tell thee 😕 🙄 😯 😉

Thankfully its a work from home day tomorrow 😛

Drac

Ah ok then if it's manswine flu then try a whisky.

bigsi
    Free Member

Am i right in thinking your a doctor Drac ? If so i will have to follow doctors orders 😛

andywarner
    Free Member

hot toddy – juice of a whole lemon, three or four shots of cheap scotch (don't waste the single malt) and a big dollop of honey. fill the rest of the mug with hot water. stir and drink as hot as possible. repeat hourly. if nowt else it'll get you to sleep.

but prevention is best. a big glass of oj in the morning, plenty of fruit and veg in your meals and try to use as much garlic as possible in your cooking (at least a full bulb in a bolognese sauce). i've not had a cold in ages.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Wot drac said

gustard_cannet
    Free Member

Echinacea when you start to feel a cold coming on always works for me

gustard_cannet
    Free Member

followed by a few glasses of scotch…

Mintman
    Free Member

A quick whiff of CS gas clears most colds…

Not sure its available at the local Tesco though…

bigsi
    Free Member

Just had a hot toddy with beachams hot lemon rather than lemon juice. 😯

Possibly not the wisest of things to do but seems to have done the trick for now 😛

Potdog
    Free Member

Don't get me started here 😥 Started 3 weeks away with a real stinker of a cold / man flu. Really couldn't throw it. Terrible dry hacking cough which went chesty after towards the end of the 2nd week. Then last Friday I woke up in the night with pains in my chest and took my self off to the emergency room, only to be admitted to hospital with pneumonia!

Now I'm restricted to loitering on the sofa until at least next Thursday but possibly longer 😥

Oh and go steady with the honey in the drinks. The docs thought I was diabetic my blood sugar was so high. Thankfully it settled down once all the honey sugars had subsided!

I'm going mad here!

bawbag
    Free Member

Whisky with manuka honey and some fresh ginger grated in. You could swap the whisky for lemon juice but that's less fun. Couple of them a day and you're sorted.

bigsi
    Free Member

Pneumonia – Great, and i thought i just had man-flu 🙄

Bawbag – I like the cut of your jib 😉

Flaperon

Sleep it off, if you can. I've managed to shift mine that way. Early nights and an icy cold room (was running a fever for first two nights).

Also, Otrivine nasal spray works in the short term to clear a blocked nose and let you sleep, but note that prolonged use will cause more far serious problems than your cold.

zaskar
    Free Member

Sleep! Oops what he said ^

And protein, Vit C etc but take extra fluids too.

Laugh and stay away form stress.

br
    Free Member

My granny always said:

"Feed a cold, starve a fever"

Nobody ever had a fever in our house 😆

bunnerscj
    Free Member

I live on nasal decongestants – otrivine when i have ' mangina ' ! what does it do if used for long period of time ie 10 days or so ??

spw3

Snog a pig.

It works.

Drac

Am i right in thinking your a doctor Drac ?

God no I go out to see my patients.

jedi

zinc and vitc

molgrips
    Free Member

Stick your head in a vat of molten menthol crystals. Instant relief.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Quickest way to shift a cold’ is closed to new replies.