Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • quickest way to loose belly fat
  • richieokeefe1
    Free Member

apart from ride more ! I ride 3 times a week at a good pace but I seem to still have a belly on me . I dont drink much at all and i’m working on my diet , is there any little tricks to burn belly fat away ??? cheers

Richie

Hairychested
    Free Member

Find a good fit lady who’ll have sex with you for 4 days, eat only tiger prawns and drink single malt. I lost several inches of my waist that way (they came back later but at least I found my preferred diet).

epicyclo

Hairychested – Member
    Find a good fit lady …

Has she got a discreet sister?

samuri
    Free Member

A lot of these things seem to be a matter of perspective.
    What’s ‘3 times a week at a good pace’ and ‘working on my diet’ mean?

Junkyard
    Free Member

or an indiscreet one?

lipseal
    Free Member

What’s her mother like? 😉

DrP

You. Can’t. Pick. Where. You. Burn. Fat. From………

DrP

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Eat less move more

postierich
    Free Member

Grow some kidney stones!worked for me

scaredypants

we’ve got a hoover that’ll do wet or dry suction – where are you based ?

didnothingfatal
    Free Member

kettlebell training a build a slosh pipe

HermanShake
    Free Member

Contextualisation, put weight on everywhere else and it’ll just blend in 😉

Maybe give swimming a bash, it’s an ideal complimentary exercise as you use most of your muscles in a non impact way.

Contextualise first for buoyancy, then you’ll trim up at an even rate all over.

cbrsyd
    Free Member

Go Primal , eat more fat and less carbs

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-book/success-stories/

althepal

Kettlebell training, yep. Build a What pipe now??

sadexpunk

i found this bloke really knowledgeable on this subject. im currently doing IF and believe me its working, with no muscle loss.

Bagstard
    Free Member

From that guys pictures fasting makes your head too big for your body!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Go running. On a bike your belly just sits there and doesnt really get used.

Much more efficient exercise too for weight loss

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Using your belly doesn’t burn belly fat tho

nickf
    Free Member

AAAARGH! It’s ‘lose’ not ‘loose’!

Or are you planning on letting it loose so it can run wild through the streets of Derbyshire, flapping as it goes?

oldgit
    Free Member

You might be unlucky. I have a pot belly, yet there’s not an ounce on me elsewhere.
    And bare in mind I’m 51 now and been racing ‘quite’ seriously since I was 15.
    Even in my late 20’s people would say ‘whens it due’

Have you had any major surgery on your stomach? I ask because mine has been worse since a simple appendix op went very very wrong, and left me with an open wound from my hip to above my navel.

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

lipo

brakeswithface

Tapeworm?

Hairychested
    Free Member

Prunes and sparkling water?

somouk
    Free Member

Unfortunately it is very common for men to retain fat on their waistline. I’ve recently lost 5 stone but still struggle to lose the last few pounds from round my waist.

docrobster
    Free Member

somouk has it. men store it above the waist, women below
    HRT then?

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

You need to change your parents.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

For me it’s been pretty simple.

1) Keep away from high fat foods and restrict drinking to 3-4 nights a week.
    2) Every time you go out on the bike you must do uppper body exercises to develop muscle. I do 50 press-ups, 50 crunches, 1 minute plank, and 30 bicep curls. Takes less than 5 mins and no special kit necessary

Wozza
    Free Member

Drink Single Malt

Definitely works*. Finished best part of a bottle of Jura one new years eve, could only face food by the 2nd stopped shaking by the 3rd.

*Has some serious side effects like, itchy blood and sleeping with women who turn out to be mentals.

Sit-ups and running helps, agree with the comment about riding more makes little difference.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I still believe sex is better than running.

karnali
    Free Member

see if someone can send you a small bottle of water from the Bagmati in Kathmandu, you’ll shift pounds in days by just sitting down!

BoardinBob

Personal training guru that visited my work recently suggested 4 minutes of mega heavy, slow, low rep weights prior to a cardio session. He stated this emptied your glycogen stores rapidly so you would switch to burning fat as soon as your cardio work started (assuming your cardio work was aimed at fat burning) He swears this will rapidly remove belly fat.

Wozza
    Free Member

I still believe sex is better than running.

Agreed

molgrips
    Free Member

Or are you planning on letting it loose so it can run wild through the streets of Derbyshire, flapping as it goes?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN_R0J8kU5I[/video]

binners

Coke habit?

pedalhead
    Free Member

BoardinBob – Member
    Personal training guru that visited my work recently suggested 4 minutes of mega heavy, slow, low rep weights prior to a cardio session. He stated this emptied your glycogen stores rapidly so you would switch to burning fat as soon as your cardio work started (assuming your cardio work was aimed at fat burning) He swears this will rapidly remove belly fat

Sounds like “Bonk Training”. Lots of stuff out there on the internets about it. As with most of these things, the value of bonk training appears to be somewhat debatable.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d say if you run out of carbs you’ll not exercise well. You still need carbs to burn fat, which is why when you bonk you do more than simply slow down to an aerobic pace. Plus your body prefers to use fat by default afaik so if you go more slowly you’ll be burning fat just the same. However this is not necessarily the best way to go.

And using up all your carb stores in 4 mins of lifting? Seriously? It might deplete your ATP or whatever it is though.

However the lifting might help you lose weight for other reasons.

pedalhead
    Free Member

yeah best way to do bonk training is first thing in the morning I think. Lots of caffeine, no food, ride for 90 minutes & feel like crap. Have done this inadvertently a few times on my early rides & it’s not much fun.

Diawl
    Free Member

Abdominal exercises will tone your abdominal muscles, not reduce the fat being stored around your belly. I’ve unwittingly been following the iDave diet by following this. Ignore the sex bit, it’s just silly. I’ve lost 17lbs since 07/02/2011 and have increased my muscle mass by using the kettlebell exercises in the book. I have only been doing myotatic crunches and cat stretches and can see definition on my abs for the first time in my life. I’m a qualified personal trainer (not practicing) and 44 years old and these are the fastest results I’ve ever experienced. I’d say it’s 80% diet, 10% exercise and 10% mental. You’ve got to be honest with yourself and remember YOU CAN NOT SPOT REDUCE FAT ANYWHERE. Unfortunately, the belly and waist will be where it hangs on longest.

Wiksey
    Free Member

No need to lose it as you are currently “aerobellied” meaning you will be able to go faster downhill with less drag. You should pity the aerodynamically challenged skinny people you ride with that have to put in more effort to keep up with you.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘quickest way to loose belly fat’ is closed to new replies.