Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Quickest Ebay sale…..ever.
  • ajantom

Just listed a bike on Fleabay, and it sold at the BIN price 5 minutes later!

That must be some sort of record 8)

chainslapp
    Free Member

Or a scammer???? 😆

carbon337
    Free Member

Can you post it to Nigeria now?

ajantom

Just got an email from the lady concerned oop north – checked out her feedback – 300 odd at 100%, and lots of bike bits.

So seems legit 😀

tang
    Free Member

i sold to a lady up north today, bike related also.

bruneep

obviously to cheap then

ChrisE
    Free Member

I saw one about a year ago, a Cannondale roadbike probably worth £1500 but the seller had accidentally listed it Buy it Now at 99p (rather than auction starting at that). I tried straight away bit someone beat me to it!

C

ajantom

Nah – price was (IMHO) spot on.

£200 + postage for a 17″ 1998 Clockwork Orange (Full LX, good condition, etc.)
    I had it advertised on here and Retrobike, had a few tyre-kickers, but nothing solid, so put it on the Bay.

In the case of the Cannondale I’m sure the Ebay regs would let him refuse to sell at that price due to the mistake. I would, even if it menat a negative feedback.

Rich
    Free Member

Anyone with half a brain wouldn’t sell it for 99p!

Edric64
    Free Member

it was a cracknfail though

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Wouldn’t sell mine for that little. No wonder it went so quick.

scuttler

£200 + postage for a 17″ 1998 Clockwork Orange (Full LX, good condition, etc.)

You got the link to the item? I have one of these but wouldn’t in a million years expect 200 quid for it so would love to see what sort of spec it has and what nick it was in.

S’pose it has retro value though..

ajantom

Wouldn’t sell mine for that little. No wonder it went so quick.

It wasn’t a bike I had any emotional attachment to. I bought it 2nd hand last year for my g’friend, but she only rode it once, so I decided to sell it to fund other purchases.

I put it on as a BIN of £200, with a starting bid of £100, and it sold straight away – obviously happened to be exactly what they were after! It’d been advertised on here 3 times, and on retrobike twice, and though I had interest at about £175ish, no-one bought it. Those retrobike guys know the value of older bikes quite well, so if it was too little they would’ve snapped it up I suspect.

I was surprised it sold so quickly and at the BIN, I was expecting it to go for £160-175.

@ Scuttler – here’s the link Clockwork ebay linkee

tang
    Free Member

i sold a 98 frame only for 140 on ebay.

bruneep
    ajantom

Things are worth what people will pay for them. Though that sounds like you had a good sale there!

I’m more than happy – had the bike for a year and sold it for slightly more (about £15) than I paid for it – which nearly covers the fees. I was just amazed at the speed of the sale.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Quickest Ebay sale…..ever.’ is closed to new replies.