Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Quick Reverb Question
  • trailhound
    Free Member

Just about to order a reverb from bike components.de but unsure whether to go for the 380mm length or 420mm? I run my fixed post at around 150mm from collar to top of post although this is probably a compromised height as I can never be bothered adjusting it when out on the trails. Plenty of room in the seat tube for either length, and I assume the 380 & 420 are the overall length when fully extended? Also was going to go for a right handed lever as I want to run it under my bar on the left.
    Any advice would be great
    Cheers

DickBarton

I’d go for the longer one if you have the space…allows more range for the fixed position. Right hand lever under the left is a good call but depends on what you are running already. I run my shifters outboard of my brake lever and I can’t fit the Reverb lever outboard (where it would be most useful) so it is a stretch to reach it inboard – I’ve got almost an inch gap between my grips and shifter and then lever…so it is a compromise but seems to work.

creamegg
    Free Member

I’d go for the longer one myself.
    On my FS bike theres no room to fit the right hand lever on the underside of the left hand side so its on the top right hand side.

On my hardtail (1×10) theres room on the left so its gone on the underside. I prefer the use of the one on the right as I find it easier to operate with my right hand if i’ve left it a bit late to adjust and Im already on the rough stuff.

trailhound
    Free Member

Nice 1 guys, gonna order the 420 and a rhs lever which I’ll run on the left if it’ll fit and if not it’ll have to live on the right til I go 1 x 10!
    Thanks for the help

DickBarton

I’m using Hope Tech levers and Shimano XTR shifters…I’ve tried the Hope MAtchmakers but it leaves the shifters in a wrong position…saying that, I’m tempted again to give it a try.

I think as the shape of the Reverb lever means it ‘sticks out’ (like a dog leg), having it upside down throws in in the way of the shifter unit.

steel4real
    Free Member

I run my fixed post at around 150mm from collar to top of post although this is probably a compromised height as I can never be bothered adjusting it when out on the trails.

You know the 125mm drop Reverb measures 185mm from the bottom of the collar to the saddle rails ?

trailhound
    Free Member

At full extension right? That would give me another 35mm to play with surely?

citizeninsane
    Free Member

You know the 125mm drop Reverb measures 185mm from the bottom of the collar to the saddle rails ?

If your current seatpost is only showing 150mm and it’s at the right height, then a 125mm Reverb would be too high at full extension, as there would be 185mm of post showing with it inserted right down to the collar.

If this is the case, then you could just go for the 100mm Reverb.

trailhound
    Free Member

But is the reverb not infinitely adjustable from fully down to fully up? It’s not just up or down is it or am I missing something??

creamegg
    Free Member

Yes its infinitely adjustable, it just means the saddle will be higher at full extension than what your current set up is. You may actually want it higher, or you could put up with it lowering it to your preferred height or go for the 100mm reverb which will require slightly less lowering.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

It is infinite but when you press the button it extends to full height unless you ‘catch’ it with your arse.

If you can’t get away with 190ish mm from seat collar to saddle rails I think you’ll find it annoying.

As above a 100mm drop would extend less far – or you could save some height with a shallower saddle.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Quick Reverb Question’ is closed to new replies.