Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Quick question re. carrying bike on train tomorrow
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m catching the train thing tomorrow from Brizzle to London town. I’m taking my bike to meet a mate on the way at Reading, ride for a while, then we’ll head on to London.

So what do I do at the train station in Brizzle? Just rock up with my bike and pop it in the guard’s wagon the way we used to? Is there a chance I’ll be told to sh4g off with my stupid two-wheeled thing?

Stoner
    Free Member

you’ll be OK.
    I think the guards van is to the rear.
    If you want to be sure, get there early and get it booked on.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ok, cheers Stoner. If I’m anything like my airport character, I’ll be there about an hour early 🙄

Trampus
    Free Member

All train operators have a published bike carrying policy. IME guards are prepared to be “flexible”, IYKWIM! 😮

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I would have thought that Trampus, but couldn’t find anything on the First Great Western Site….??

coffeeking
    Free Member
    piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

This weekend seems to be fairly horrific for engineering works on the railways. Check BEFORE you go that you can actually get a train all the way there. You ain’t going to get a bike on a manky double decker ‘rail replacement’ service

Terrydactyl

had a bad experience on Virgin trains the other week (I know not relevent to Bristol)
    To get a bike on Virgin (west coast pendolino) you have to pre book, which I did and got an authorisation code but when I turned up I had a big argument with thte train manager as she would let the bike on without a “bike ticket” saying an auth code was of no use, In the end she let me on. How the F you get a bike ticket I dont know. Beware……

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Quick question re. carrying bike on train tomorrow’ is closed to new replies.