Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • quick (probably stupid) spoke length question
  • firestarter
    Free Member

i need 32 at 291.2 and 32 at 292.4 i can get 290 292 or 294 am i right in thinking that i can just get 64 all at 292 and it will be right. see i said it was stupid 😉 but better save than sorry

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

290 and 292 will be fine. If you get all 292s there’s a chance they will bind. Make sure they all twang evenly!

firestarter
    Free Member

Thanks fella

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    roger-m
    Free Member

I assume you have measured your own components for the theoretical lengths, in which case for the 291.2 I’d rather have a spoke 0.8mm too long than a spoke 1.2mm short, although both will build and 0.8 too long will not bind.

firestarter
    Free Member

cheers roger, i used your calculator actually 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

btw what do you reckon for using on 287.3 and 288.7 lengths if you dont mind

i presume 288 for the shorter ones but im unsure on the other its either 0.7 short or 1.3mm long im thinking both 288mm

just thinking of going 36 3x on the back instead of 32

thanks in advance

roger-m
    Free Member

Have you measured your own rim diameter, if not then it’s not safe to use rim data from other sources. As for spoke lengths, go within +/- 1mm from the theoretical value.

cynic-al
    Free Member

PP 288 will be fine.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘quick (probably stupid) spoke length question’ is closed to new replies.